Limited edition Subsequent 37 CV announced

Everything Sub.
MDMA
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:16 pm

Re: Limited edition Subsequent 37 CV announced

Post by MDMA » Fri May 19, 2017 4:27 am

I think that the extra headroom thing isn't something that would be of interest to me. I've not owned my sub 37 that long, but find the distortion that occurs during duo mode is amazing and very useful to me. I'd have to see some demos that showed me that the distortion isn't lost before I get the urge to purchase.
Moog sub 37, Roland JDXA, DSI Pro 2, Novation Ultranova, Access Virus TI, Roland Juno 106, Roland Alpha Juno 2.

aux.tech
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 4:06 am

Re: Limited edition Subsequent 37 CV announced

Post by aux.tech » Fri May 19, 2017 5:47 am

MDMA wrote:I think that the extra headroom thing isn't something that would be of interest to me. I've not owned my sub 37 that long, but find the distortion that occurs during duo mode is amazing and very useful to me. I'd have to see some demos that showed me that the distortion isn't lost before I get the urge to purchase.


Yes, the distortion sounds great, and there are so many ways to add additional grit to the signal path. However it is a little harder to get (for lack of a better word) cleaner sounds. I would assume that with the extra headroom you would still be able to add plenty of grit to the signal, and perhaps even over a greater range, giving more nuance and control when you take into account the individual OSC and FDBK levels of the mixer section, coupled with the Multidrive. But I could be totally wrong.

I wonder how many normal Sub 37s have been manufactured and/or purchased thus far? I'm also curious to see what happens to the used Sub 37 market over the next 6 months-1 year. I would assume this will be a great time for anyone in the market for a used Sub 37.

sub guy
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 7:39 pm

Re: Limited edition Subsequent 37 CV announced

Post by sub guy » Fri May 19, 2017 3:14 pm

Ill wait and hear a ton of demos and maybe even buy one in addition to my Sub 37. How I really hope that they will do upgrades for the key bed on the Sub 37.

aux.tech
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 4:06 am

Re: Limited edition Subsequent 37 CV announced

Post by aux.tech » Fri May 19, 2017 9:00 pm

sub guy wrote:Ill wait and hear a ton of demos and maybe even buy one in addition to my Sub 37. How I really hope that they will do upgrades for the key bed on the Sub 37.



Me too. And it would be great to hear from people that buy the Subsequent and already have the Sub 37. I feel like those would be the best people to compare and contrast the two models.

User avatar
Rufus the Dog
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:38 am

Re: Limited edition Subsequent 37 CV announced

Post by Rufus the Dog » Sat May 20, 2017 2:10 am

aux.tech wrote:
sub guy wrote:Ill wait and hear a ton of demos and maybe even buy one in addition to my Sub 37. How I really hope that they will do upgrades for the key bed on the Sub 37.



Me too. And it would be great to hear from people that buy the Subsequent and already have the Sub 37. I feel like those would be the best people to compare and contrast the two models.


I am in the queue with a UK supplier, so all being well I hope to make that comparison - probably not until September though.

I would really like my Sub37 keyboard upgraded to be the same as used in my re-issued Model D


R.

User avatar
Rufus the Dog
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:38 am

Re: Limited edition Subsequent 37 CV announced

Post by Rufus the Dog » Sat May 20, 2017 3:44 am

For those who have not seen it yet....


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGd8PrnZFk8


R.

aux.tech
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 4:06 am

Re: Limited edition Subsequent 37 CV announced

Post by aux.tech » Sat May 20, 2017 4:08 am

Rufus the Dog wrote:
aux.tech wrote:
sub guy wrote:Ill wait and hear a ton of demos and maybe even buy one in addition to my Sub 37. How I really hope that they will do upgrades for the key bed on the Sub 37.



Me too. And it would be great to hear from people that buy the Subsequent and already have the Sub 37. I feel like those would be the best people to compare and contrast the two models.


I am in the queue with a UK supplier, so all being well I hope to make that comparison - probably not until September though.

I would really like my Sub37 keyboard upgraded to be the same as used in my re-issued Model D


R.


I need to try the new Model D and its keys.

In reality the Sub 37 is a really solid synth to begin with. Maybe the new Subsequent sounds "better" in some ways, but I bought the Sub 37 for its specific sound. At this point I also have a decent eurorack setup with some great VCOs, EGs, VCFs, etc. so when I want a cleaner sound, I have plenty of tools to get that sound. However if the keys on my Sub 37 could be improved, that's definitely something I'd at least like to look into. And as I said before, with CV outs I would use the Sub 37 more often as a master controller for my modular gear. I really doubt there will be a CV out kit for us Sub 37 owners, but that would be a nice option to have available.

User avatar
LuthierMark
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Limited edition Subsequent 37 CV announced

Post by LuthierMark » Sat May 20, 2017 5:16 am

aux.tech wrote:Me too. And it would be great to hear from people that buy the Subsequent and already have the Sub 37.


That will be when they rename this forum to "Subsequent, Sub 37 & Sub Phatty Forum" ...
"The thing is, to put a motor in yourself" fz

Moog Sub 37 1.2.0, Nord Modular Rack, Novation KSr,
Emagic Unitor8, Focusrite Saffire Pro40,
Logic Pro X 10.3, MacBook Pro Retina 11.2, macOS 10.12.3

Post Reply