Connecting the Sub 37 to Logic Pro x to use the moog's sound

Everything Sub.
Kastro

Connecting the Sub 37 to Logic Pro x to use the moog's sound

Post by Kastro » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:56 pm

Hi guys,

We have bought the Moog Sub 37 about 2 months ago now and we still can not use it and still don’t know how to connect it to our DAW (Logic Pro X).

We have bought a new audio interface (Universal Audio Apollo twin) and connected the Moog into the Mac via USB and 1/4” Jack from the Audio Out to LINE IN 1 found on the interface. We still can not get the Moog sounds to come out. We have spent 2 months messing around with the inputs and outputs on Logic.

We tested the Moog as an independent external instrument through the sound card/interface, and it worked and sounded beautiful!

Could you help us please?

breun

Re: Connecting the Sub 37 to Logic Pro x to use the moog's s

Post by breun » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:10 pm

What exactly are you trying to do that isn't working? Playing the synth and recording MIDI or audio? Or sending MIDI from the DAW? The Moog Sub 37 doesn't have a 'sound card', the only audio it generates comes from the analog audio output, which as I understand from your post is actually working?

Kastro

Post by Kastro » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:35 pm

breun wrote:What exactly are you trying to do that isn't working? Playing the synth and recording MIDI or audio? Or sending MIDI from the DAW? The Moog Sub 37 doesn't have a 'sound card', the only audio it generates comes from the analog audio output, which as I understand from your post is actually working?
We want to record as a midi using the sub37 sounds and record it back to audio. We just can't get the moogs sounds to come through logic. I can use it as a midi keyboard and select sounds from my software plugins but i can't use the moog sound. Any idea what the problem could be? Thanks.

mrkennethdel

Post by mrkennethdel » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:30 pm

What audio interface are you using?

Kastro

Post by Kastro » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:57 pm

mrkennethdel wrote:What audio interface are you using?
Apollo twin MKII Solo.It seems like an issue with the software on the computer as when I unplug the interface from the computer and just use it as an amplifier I can hear the sounds from the moog coming from the speakers... as soon as I plug the interface into the computer, silence.

LuthierMark

Post by LuthierMark » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:32 am

Are you able to record other sources from your audio interface in Logic? Or have you checked that your audio interface works correctly with Logic, by playing back some audio?
I do not know or own any UA products, so can't be of much help there. But guessing from the info on the UA site, setting this up with Logic requires some steps. This might just be a UA/Logic problem, so nothing to do with the Sub 37.
"The thing is, to put a motor in yourself" fz

Moog Sub 37 1.2.0, Nord Modular Rack, Novation KSr,
Emagic Unitor8, Focusrite Saffire Pro40,
Logic Pro X 10.3, MacBook Pro Retina 11.2, macOS 10.12.3