Freezing on Starup. Sub 37

Everything Sub.
Nickd123

Freezing on Starup. Sub 37

Post by Nickd123 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:08 am

Hello All,

i am new to the forum and recently bought my first Moog synth. Its a Sub 37 tribute model and its awesome but there is an issue. When I first got it home I turned it on. Everything lit up including the screen but after waiting and waiting the menu never appeared and the screen stayed blue, the lights all stayed on but now sound came out. Its like it froze on startup. I turned it on and of and one and off again and again and it just wouldn't go fully on. I walked away. I came back the next day and tried again and it worked! I installed the latest firmware and it didn't happen again until yesterday. I think it must be faulty. Just wondering if anyone else has experience this and if there was a solution apart from sending it back.

Cheers!

ObtuseMoose

Re: Freezing on Starup. Sub 37

Post by ObtuseMoose » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:20 am

Nickd123 wrote:Hello All,

i am new to the forum and recently bought my first Moog synth. ... When I first got it home I turned it on. Everything lit up including the screen but after waiting and waiting the menu never appeared and the screen stayed blue, the lights all stayed on but now sound came out. Its like it froze on startup. ...

Cheers!
The first thing I'd try (if / when you can catch it when it works) is resetting the MIDI and Global settings as described on page 49 of the manual.
the Sub37 User's Manual, page 49 wrote: INIT SETTINGS (GLOBAL MENU 3.2)
When this is highlighted you can press CURSOR to enter a page that allows you to reset the system settings (everything in the MIDI MENU and GLOBAL MENU) to their default values. To initialize,hold the SAVE button until it counts down from 5 to 1. If you let go before it passes 1 it will abort the initialization. If you hold SAVE for the full 5 count the display will confirm that you have initialized the system settings. NOTE: INIT SETTINGS will NOT erase the factory or user presets, only the MIDI and GLOBAL settings.
If that doesn't help, the next thing I'd try is doing a quick-erase of the sequencer memory. It sounds weird, but I've seen a few cases where doing this fixed problems that seemed unrelated to the sequencer. To do it:
the Sub37 User's Manual, page 20 wrote: SEQUENCE QUICK-ERASE
Hold BANK while turning the PATTERN knob to the REC position. If the sequence is stopped it will be completely erased. If the sequence is running, it will continue to run and the sequence length (number of steps) will remain the same, but all of the steps will be blank (silent).
Hope one of these helps. If not, then it's probably time for a call to Moog Tech Support.
--
Moose

Nickd123

Re: Freezing on Starup. Sub 37

Post by Nickd123 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:17 am

Thanks man. I'll give it a try.

Cheers