Syncing Sub-37 Sequencer to MIDI Drum Machine

Everything Sub.
RickD

Syncing Sub-37 Sequencer to MIDI Drum Machine

Post by RickD » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:14 am

Hello,

Please forgive my ignorance if this is a stupid question, but I am wondering what the secret is to synchronizing the Sub-37 sequencer via MIDI to an external device.

I have tried sending a MIDI time-clock signal to the MIDI In port of the Sub-37, from a Tascam Multi-Track Recorder in an attempt to synchronize the Sub-37 sequencer tempo to the recorded tracks - but it did not seem to have any affect on the Sub-37.

I also tried synchronizing the Sub-37 sequencer tempo to a MIDI recorder as well by attempting to use the MIDI recorder as the master sending MIDI time-clock info to the MIDI In port of the Sub-37 - but again I could not get the Sub-37 sequencer tempo to react. IMHO it seems like an over-sight on the part of Moog to have such a fantastic step-sequencer and arpeggiator on the Sub-37 without being able to precisely set its tempo and synchronize it to other external instruments or devices.

Hopefully someone out there can point me in the right direction - I must be over-looking or missing something. Please let me know if any of you have any ideas.

Thank you in advance for any info you may have regarding the above issues.

Rick D
Vancouver Canada

LuthierMark

Re: Syncing Sub-37 Sequencer to MIDI Drum Machine

Post by LuthierMark » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:03 pm

Have you tried the Sync button in the Arp section of the Sub 37? Page 15 of the manual.
"The thing is, to put a motor in yourself" fz

Moog Sub 37 1.2.0, Nord Modular Rack, Novation KSr,
Emagic Unitor8, Focusrite Saffire Pro40,
Logic Pro X 10.3, MacBook Pro Retina 11.2, macOS 10.12.3

RickD

Re: Syncing Sub-37 Sequencer to MIDI Drum Machine

Post by RickD » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:11 pm

Hello LuthierMark,

Thank you for your response - you are right - I forgot about the sync button.
Last night I tried it and was able to sync the Sub-37 to the Tascam DP-01 no problems.
Sounds good.

Thanks again for the suggestion - I read the manual, but forgot about the sync button.

RickD