LCD screen intermittently fails

Everything Sub.
Wmacky

LCD screen intermittently fails

Post by Wmacky » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:15 am

I seem to be getting a lot of strange issues with my new 37 that no one has ever seen. First, a led in the MOD wheel intermittently flickers. I posted here with no response from anyone so I guess it's a rare issue.
Now the LCD screen intermittently fails. I turned it on the other day, after several days off, and the screen was blank, or so I thought. Looking closer the text was there but it was washed out to the point of being almost invisible, even with contrast set high. After a few minutes the contrast slowly darkened to almost normal. using it over the next few days it was normal when turning the synth on. I hoped for the best. Yesterday it did it again, all washed out. I have considered selling it as I'm not really a mono synth it seems, but there's too much wrong to even do that.

Is this washed out LCD issue, a rare issue like the Mod wheel flicker deal.

breun

Re: LCD screen intermittently fails

Post by breun » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:37 am

Have contacted the seller or Moog support? That's what I would do to get these issues fixed.

Wmacky

Post by Wmacky » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:49 am

I guess I will. I was hoping for a easy known issue, like a bad firmware revision being the cause. I sure don't want to send it in. I greatly fear UPS, Fedex, and ETC. I'd much rather attempt repair myself with help / parts from Moog. I understand they are flexible in this way?

breun

Post by breun » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:00 am

I'd just start by asking and seeing what the options are.

seanpark

Post by seanpark » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:04 pm

I would check the connections between the circuit boards and the affected components. The sub37 is pretty serviceable. If you're not comfortable doing it then ask a techie friend or ship it to moog.