Logic Pro X ruining Sub 37 sequences

Everything Sub.
DStocker

Logic Pro X ruining Sub 37 sequences

Post by DStocker » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:35 am

Hello everyone, there is a problem that occurred to me lately. Whenever I connect my Sub 37 via USB to my computer while running Logic Pro X, the fundamental tones of some sequences are changing. With some sequences it is alternating back and forth, with some it is procedurally going down, with some up (absolutely horrible). Is there any way to fix this? Some help would be nice.

P.S. Is there a way to restore factory presets without deleting you owns? (I somehow have accidentally overwritten bank 1 preset 11)

breun

Re: Logic Pro X ruining Sub 37 sequences

Post by breun » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:00 am

DStocker wrote:Hello everyone, there is a problem that occurred to me lately. Whenever I connect my Sub 37 via USB to my computer while running Logic Pro X, the fundamental tones of some sequences are changing. With some sequences it is alternating back and forth, with some it is procedurally going down, with some up (absolutely horrible). Is there any way to fix this? Some help would be nice.
Maybe you have a MIDI feedback loop going on. Do you disable local control when connecting the synth to your DAW?
DStocker wrote:P.S. Is there a way to restore factory presets without deleting you owns? (I somehow have accidentally overwritten bank 1 preset 11)
If you have the Sub 37 software editor installed you can copy presets from your computer to your synth by just dragging them. The factory presets are included with the software editor.

If you want to keep the presets that overwrote the factory presets, you could move them to another bank. You could just save those in another location and then restore the factory presets, or you could copy your own presets to your computer first and later move them to another bank.

DStocker

Post by DStocker » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:57 am

Thanks for responding! How exactly can I disable local control?

breun

Post by breun » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:14 pm

The Sub 37 Editor User's Manual says the following on page 10:
WARNING: Before using your Sub 37 with a DAW, go to the GLOBAL SETTINGS section of the SETUP menu. Under the LOCAL CONTROL section – turn Keys, Wheels and Panel OFF to prevent MIDI issues. Be sure to turn these back ON when not in use with a DAW. If you do not do this, Local Control will be turned off and your Sub 37 will not produce sound.
The various local control options are also explained on page 45 of the Sub 37 1.1 manual.

DStocker

Post by DStocker » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:35 pm

Thank you a lot for taking your time!

DStocker

Post by DStocker » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:40 pm

I have a problem with restoring the preset: I don't know how it's called, I only know that it's on Bank 1 Preset 11. The factory presets in the editor preset browser cannot be arranged like on the Sub 37 itself. I don't know how to find it right now.

breun

Post by breun » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:43 pm

That factory preset is called 'RUNNER RUNNING'.

DStocker

Post by DStocker » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:46 pm

Thank you SO much for that information! It saved me a lot of time!