Sub 7 Editor not picking up patches

Everything Sub.
Dapifer

Sub 7 Editor not picking up patches

Post by Dapifer » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:08 am

I had my Mac repaired recently and had to re-install the editor. Now although it does sync up and recognise midi (I can work on a patch and save it in the editor), it does not show the list of pathces I had saved on the hardware like it did before. I also try to re-name a patch and nothing happens.

Anyone know what the problem might be here?

Thanks.

breun

Re: Sub 7 Editor not picking up patches

Post by breun » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:51 pm

I'm not currently near my Sub 37, but if you go into the librarian section of the editor there is a button labeled GET in the HARDWARE PRESETS section. Maybe that does what you're looking for?

Dapifer

Post by Dapifer » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:06 am

Thanks for the reply but no, here it says 'Hardware Disconnected', yet I can save patches to the editor and recall patches I have saved within the editor, as well as automate within Ableton via the ditor. It just doesn't seem to pick up what's already on the hardware.

DrJustice

Post by DrJustice » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:30 am

I've had my S37 in a similar state, quoting from elsewhere:
"... I had some funnies with the editor today. The editor would not start properly, just hanging with that white rectangle in the upper left corner of the screen. I had to reboot the PC, then it appeared to work. However, the Sub 37 had then become bugged, possibly by that hanging editor - the editor would send patches and edit parameters on the Sub 37, but CAPTURE HARDWARE and GET patches would not work, and edits on the Sub would not be reflected in the editor. Had to power cycle the Sub to get it all working. I.e. the Editor/Sub combo can get its knickers in a twists and need a fresh start. Edit: this was on Windows 10 using the stand alone editor, BTW."

So there may be a bug where the sub gets in a state where it responds to parameter changes and patch transfers from the editor, but not the other way around. Mine worked again after a power cycling - you have probably tried that. Perhaps initializing the global setting is worth a try (GLOBAL MENU 3.2).

Dapifer

Post by Dapifer » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:26 pm

Yes that seemed to do the trick (Intitializing global settings). Thanks!