Sync Sub 37 arpeggiator to logic (Solved!)

Everything Sub.
stewdio

Re: Sync Sub 37 arpeggiator to logic

Post by stewdio » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:55 am

kalithas wrote:Thank you for all your help! I finally figured it out. Only thing now is I need to figure out why its only coming out of one ear. :roll:
Glad you were able to get it running!

it looks like you made a stereo external MIDI plugin and the synth is mono - if it's plugged into input 1 you'll only get signal on the left side (the input 1 side of the 1/2 as L/R grouping)
either replace that plugin with the mono version, or you could add the 'Gain' audio plugin on that existing strip and hit the mono button on that one.
instagram.com/stew_crookes
stewcrookes.com

~ all meters ~ all red ~ all the time ~

kalithas

Post by kalithas » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:14 pm

breun wrote:It would be helpful to know what solved your problem for future people that find this forum thread. What was the key to the solution?

The Sub 37 has a mono output. If you recorded on a stereo track, you probably only have audio on either the left or right channel. Try a mono track instead. (Or check the panning setting for the track if it's already mono.)

Sure no worries. I will post about this tomorrow!

kalithas

Post by kalithas » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:52 am

So this was the solution which was actually pretty simple. First connect your moog sub 37 via usb to your computer. Then connect your audio out from your moog to an audio interface. I am using the scarlet 2i4. Make sure to press the SYNC button on your moog within the arpeggiator section. You wont be able to hear an output until you hit record within logic when this function is activated. Within logic look at the following steps below.

1: Image

2: Go to project settings > Synchronization Image

3: Go to the midi tab and select destination 1 as Moog Sub 37 Image

Everything should work fine then.

Someone also suggested to turn off the local controls on the Sub 37. Not sure if thats one of the things that helped but thats what I did.