Sub 37 - Feature request - sequencer

Everything Sub.
lushr

Sub 37 - Feature request - sequencer

Post by lushr » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:20 pm

Hi team,

First the thankyous. The sub 37 is the light of my studio, it is the best sounding synth in the room, the most accessible, approachable and easy to use. I have a few poly synths old and new, and they just don't compare with the sweetness of the sub37 (modern poly moog anyone!?)

My request is for the sequencer. It is a GREAT sequencer. However there's one thing I wish it could do:
If I play a tune live, it will not sense my timing, it will simply assume each note I play is the next note in the sequence.

I would LOVE a sequencer like on the new Arturia drum brute that in unquantises to match my rhythms, that puts in a rest when it hears one... Much like loop recording I suppose.

Perhaps this isn't feasible, I understand. But it is one thing that slows down my creativity as I have to figure out where the rest is, how long the rest should be, or if I need triplets to get that note to sit "just so" in the rhythm... I don't know if I'm making sense. What's is instinctive to play, is tedious to sequence. And yes there are loop pedals(which I hate, esp for multiple instruments and sequences), but a "recording" sequencer would be THE BOMB!

Sofine

Re: Sub 37 - Feature request - sequencer

Post by Sofine » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:14 am

+1

Yes, this slows me down too sometimes, and I end up actually programming the sequence in realtime into the midi sequencer of my octatrack (routed to the sub37) instead! It's just quicker (and more powerful too actually). But, mostly, it would be great to be able to do this. You would probably need a click track (1 osc) or some kind of static light indicator to achieve this - if it is indeed feasible in the first place.