Arp Rate Knob Working Properly?

Everything Sub.
hillz-Ize

Arp Rate Knob Working Properly?

Post by hillz-Ize » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:50 pm

Hello guys/gals

This is my first post.

My Arpegio is either stuck in some kind of Step Mode or it is just broken.
I have to turn it for awhile until it changes...but then it changes to like 3X what it was ... and then further 3X that. Its jumping in huge incruments, to get speeds in between Ive had to use the BEAT-Freq Knob, this seems to let me find the inbewteen arp rates.

Is this right? Normal? Shouldnt I be able to find the rate I need by using the Arp Rate Knob alone?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

tomoog

Re: Arp Rate Knob Working Properly?

Post by tomoog » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:42 am

Try Amos' "pot calibration". It fixed some weird wobbly knobby stuff on my Sub 37.

Here...
http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.ph ... 59#p155195
by Amos » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:37 am

mikeh11

Post by mikeh11 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:31 pm

My Arpegio is either stuck in some kind of Step Mode or it is just broken.
Do you have the 'Sync' button turned on next to the Arp Rate knob? That changes the operation of the knob from a plain rate control to a MIDI timing divisor control. (someone else should correct my wording).
Shouldnt I be able to find the rate I need by using the Arp Rate Knob alone?
Yes.

Also, I can't figure out how the Beat-Freq control for Osc2 has anything to do with your Arp Rate problem... :-)

Good luck!
MBP 2012 | OS X 10.11.6 | Sub 37 #6768

hillz-Ize

Post by hillz-Ize » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:35 am

Nope sync isnt on. I get all that stuff... Theres just something wrong with the Artp Rate. Its like it is old or something and has been turned alot, while turning it wont respond then is jumps to the value im @ etc etc real buggy. I wish there was an ARP calibration, seems like all the calibrating is everything But the arp (for notes / pitch etc) :cry:

Maybe I need to open it up and apply that De-ox (if thats the name) to clean the pot ...?

hillz-Ize

Post by hillz-Ize » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:33 pm

Also, I can't figure out how the Beat-Freq control for Osc2 has anything to do with your Arp Rate problem... :-)

Good luck![/quote]

Is it only my machine that does this? lol, that would be weird. With my Sub the Beat knob acts as a secondary Rate adjustment based on the Arp Rate setting. I can Increase or decrease (I like to think in Finer increments) the speed, whether im in osc 1 or osc 2 or even just the sub osc, seems to be a global effect.

Anyone else able to do this or is my machine F#%ct?

Just installed the editor, so Im sure I can adjust the arp normaly from there. Wish I could fix the hardware though.

hillz-Ize

Post by hillz-Ize » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:41 am

bump

DrJustice

Post by DrJustice » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:50 am

If the arpeggio rate changes when you turn the BEAT FREQ knob on all patches, then your synth needs service. If it's isolated to one or a few specific patches, please post an example patch here so we can help you test & diagnose it.