SubPhatty Editor VST / Firmware update

Everything Sub.
discorules

SubPhatty Editor VST / Firmware update

Post by discorules » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:11 am

Hi,

I'm trying to make the Sub Phatty Editor/Librarian work with Ableton Live and i'm struggling for the last 4 hours without success.

I could install the VST on live, i can open it, but it shows 'Hardware disconnected', even i can see my SubPhatty is connected on USB and is visible in Live.

I research some places saying you need a firmware update to make the VST work, so i look for the update, download it from the link below :

http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/su ... _2_0_6.zip

But the instructions says to download a Sysex utility on a broken link (http://www.elektron.se/support-and-downloads).

Very confused, poor support, no clear instructions. I'm having the same issues with the VST for Voyager. Please Moog support, could you make clear instructions to how make these things work ?

Thanks !

bichuelo

Re: SubPhatty Editor VST / Firmware update

Post by bichuelo » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:37 pm

I think you should ask them directly: [email protected]

As this is mainly a user forum
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

misfitit

Post by misfitit » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:17 pm

discorules wrote:Hi,

I'm trying to make the Sub Phatty Editor/Librarian work with Ableton Live and i'm struggling for the last 4 hours without success.

I could install the VST on live, i can open it, but it shows 'Hardware disconnected', even i can see my SubPhatty is connected on USB and is visible in Live.

I research some places saying you need a firmware update to make the VST work, so i look for the update, download it from the link below :

http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/su ... _2_0_6.zip

But the instructions says to download a Sysex utility on a broken link (http://www.elektron.se/support-and-downloads).

Very confused, poor support, no clear instructions. I'm having the same issues with the VST for Voyager. Please Moog support, could you make clear instructions to how make these things work ?

Thanks !

Wondering what happened......a year later and still the problems persist. No reliable usb editor connection, no reliable usb midi controller function to vsti. I'm looking for a decent midi interface for cheap but it shouldn't have to be. Alas, and sigh as well

nuggs

Post by nuggs » Tue May 30, 2017 3:05 pm

Hoping somebody has an answer here. I am using a USB cable to connect to my Sub Phatty to my PC and an M-Audio UNO midi interface as well so that I can use the Sub Phatty Vst editor. This worked fine for months, and now it no longer works. Nothing has changed in my setup/PC. Now when I view the editor preferences, it says "Hardware Disconnected". Any ideas? Tried for hours last night, started from scratch, no luck. The phatty receives midi notes via USB or the midi interface with no issues. swapping did nothing.

breun

Post by breun » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:37 pm

I've never had this problem, but do you have the correct MIDI input/output selected in the editor's preferences? I believe selecting the correct one is sometimes the solution for people having this issue.

nuggs

Post by nuggs » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:22 am

Yes it's definitely correct. As I stated this was working flawlessly, and has since stopped working. I went as far as formatting and reinstalling my OS, as I was having some wonky issues in Ableton as well. Ableton is running great now, but I still get the Hardware Disconnected error when using the Sub Phatty VST. It works fine in stand-alone mode.

breun

Post by breun » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:43 am

There are currently new firmware and editor versions for Sub Phatty in beta testing. If you're willing to try, you could join the beta testers group and see if your issue is resolved in the new version: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=25663

neoking

Post by neoking » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:52 pm

breun wrote:There are currently new firmware and editor versions for Sub Phatty in beta testing. If you're willing to try, you could join the beta testers group and see if your issue is resolved in the new version: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=25663
Is there any news to this? I just bought a new sub phatty today and have similar issues with the editor as a lot of other guys. Braun, I see you use a newer firmware than 2.0.6, are you allowed to share that?

Space Lee

Post by Space Lee » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:55 pm

Join the beta group and let your voice be heard, maybe then Moog will up the priority on the Sub Phatty.
As Breun said, click this link and follow the instruction:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=25663
Sub 37 Bob Moog Tribute Edition | Sub Phatty | Win10 pro 64bit | MOTU 828mk3 fw