How many of you are using the USB connection?

Everything Sub.
Chimponaut

How many of you are using the USB connection?

Post by Chimponaut » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:39 pm

I've only installed the stand alone version of the editor. Works perfectly. Just wondering if I'm missing any huge advantages in choosing not to install the vst version in Nuendo?

1. Aside from seeing where the knobs actually are when I call up a preset, is there anything else it can do for me in a vst context?

2. Does the librarian transfer and save sounds faster using the usb connection? That would be nice if so.

3. I've been building my own daws for many years. My current system is stable as can be at the moment. Could adding the USB driver affect the system in anyway? Things like midi timing etc. I already use 2 midi interfaces...RME Raydat (PCIe) communicates with my mixer/controller and a little (USB) Edirol 3M something, something handling the external synths. Not sure I want to add another midi device even if it is a virtual one.

4. Any negatives using it with Steinberg products? (Cubase/Nuendo)

Thanks for any info.
HW: Sub 37 <> Model D (original) <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 Module
<> Prophet Rev2 8V <> Prologue 16 <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Triton Le <> Audient ASP-880
<> RME Raydat

SW: Nuendo

ChiLam

Re: How many of you are using the USB connection?

Post by ChiLam » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:55 pm

Haven't had any Midi issues with the driver at all, nor the VST editor.

The librarian is a great way to load and save presets. Cubase 8.5 Win7 64 + RME HDSP Hammerfall here.

Chimponaut

Re: How many of you are using the USB connection?

Post by Chimponaut » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:21 pm

ChiLam wrote:Haven't had any Midi issues with the driver at all, nor the VST editor.

The librarian is a great way to load and save presets. Cubase 8.5 Win7 64 + RME HDSP Hammerfall here.
Thanks for the encouraging news. Got the VST Version installed and everything is working fine in Nuendo. This saves me having to buy a bigger midi interface for a little while.
HW: Sub 37 <> Model D (original) <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 Module
<> Prophet Rev2 8V <> Prologue 16 <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Triton Le <> Audient ASP-880
<> RME Raydat

SW: Nuendo