Sub 37 cosmetic defect?

Everything Sub.
Chimponaut

Sub 37 cosmetic defect?

Post by Chimponaut » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:18 pm

I just received my Sub 37 on August 4th, 2016. I purchased it from Sweetwater on August 2nd, 2016. Last night while making some sounds I noticed that the piece of trimming just above the keyboard is crooked. The left side where the mod wheels are is sunk into the frame way more than the rest of it. I didn't notice this at first because it isn't that obvious. But the more I look at it the more I start to worry. Is there anything I can do here to re-seat it properly? Or should I send this back for another unit? Absolutely love the synth otherwise and I just want it to be perfect.

Thanks

Randy
Last edited by Chimponaut on Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HW: Sub 37 <> Model D (original) <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 Module
<> Prophet Rev2 8V <> Prologue 16 <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Triton Le <> Audient ASP-880
<> RME Raydat

SW: Nuendo

Novem808

Re: Sub 37 cosmetic defect?

Post by Novem808 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:23 pm

You can unplug everything, and take all the screws off on that side. There is some room to adjust the wood panel, you're going to take a little care to line everything up..and you may want to slide a plastic knife in between the lip and the LHC so you can pull it up as you tighten the screws.

N.

Chimponaut

Re: Sub 37 cosmetic defect?

Post by Chimponaut » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:46 pm

Well I tried a fix here at home under Moog's guidance but it is now headed back to Moog. Support was great and I think it just got thrown around a little too much by FedEx or something. Now I am Moogless for a dew days...
HW: Sub 37 <> Model D (original) <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 Module
<> Prophet Rev2 8V <> Prologue 16 <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Triton Le <> Audient ASP-880
<> RME Raydat

SW: Nuendo