Where did I go wrong backing up patch via the Sub37 editor?

Everything Sub.
exerda

Where did I go wrong backing up patch via the Sub37 editor?

Post by exerda » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:08 pm

So I had created a patch I really liked on the Sub 37, and having tinkered with it for a couple of weeks now, I realized I hadn't copied it over to my computer's library.

I connected the Sub 37 to my computer, launched the editor, and went to the library panel. The preset didn't show up correctly on the hardware list, FWIW (it still said "Init Preset" vs. what I'd named it on the Sub 37). I clicked the "Get" button (should have dragged the individual preset, I suppose), and the editor took a couple of minutes to read the patches off the Sub 37.

But then, lo and behold, I was *actually* back to the init preset, both on the Sub 37 and in the editor! I tried turning off the Sub 37, disconnecting the editor, etc., but seem to have lost a preset I'd created several weeks ago.

I'm sure I can come somewhat close to recreating it, given some time... but I'm annoyed nonetheless that I lost it so easily. Any idea where I went wrong, so I can avoid repeating the mistake in the future? According to the editor manual, even if I'd transferred the patch the other way (editor -> Sub 37, via Send or Auto-send, though I know I used Get), it shouldn't have *saved* it to the hardware, just to the buffer. I'd transferred several other patches before, and none of my other patches got affected, just my favorite.

Dapifer

Re: Where did I go wrong backing up patch via the Sub37 edit

Post by Dapifer » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:19 am

I had an issue where I was tweaking a patch then clicking save on the editor and it would automatically revert back to how the patch was before, the moment I hit save.

I resolved it by initializing the global settings on theSub 37. This can be done by going into the GLOBAL menu and scrolling through until you see INIT SETTINGS. Run this procedure and then cycle the power on your Sub 37. Then reconnect to test whether the problem is still present. It might help if your issue is related.

tomoog

Re: Where did I go wrong backing up patch via the Sub37 edit

Post by tomoog » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:12 am

Been there.
So, while in the Sub37 Editor, drag the new HARDWARE PRESET to your PRESETS FOLDER.

Then r-click that folder and Open Folder Location.
Just make sure that the .SYX file with the same name is saved there, backed up on your computer hard disk, forever....