sub 37 editor standalone working vst cannot connect

Everything Sub.
sjoak

sub 37 editor standalone working vst cannot connect

Post by sjoak » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:36 pm

Hi all,
I updated the firmware, installed the editor and drivers. The editor in standalone indeed works but when I open the vst in ableton live 9 it opens the vst opens but says it cannot connect and asks to connect the device and set midi in and out in setup page.

But but i do see that moog sub 37 is correctly selected there. Also midi is coming in ableton live from the moog.

Also interesting is that while ableton and vst is running , then the stand alone shows the same problem.

I hope somebody can help me out. Would be much appreciated!

Rokatansky

Re: sub 37 editor standalone working vst cannot connect

Post by Rokatansky » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:42 pm

Same here in Cubase 8.5 & WIn 7 64

charbot

Post by charbot » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:28 am

Im having similar problems but I trying the standalone editor, using not the VST feature- MAC OS10.9.5 . Editor 1.0 and fw 1.2 It worked a few months ago, but now I have trouble connecting. Can get some features to work : change led brightness, etc; but does not read patches from the synth and always says "disconnected".

fabsonn

Post by fabsonn » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:32 am

I have the same Problem! The Standalone works fine but both vsts cant connect.

monomood

Post by monomood » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:03 pm

I had the same issue and found out that the following works:

I switch on computer with Audio Interface turned off. Then starting the DAW (Ableton) and checking the editor (it should work), if it doesnt work now, try a second restart with audio interface AND MIDI interface (if they are seperate units) turned off.

If the editor VST is working fine, switch on / connect Audio/Midi Interface and all should be fine (this is how it works for me)

jmatos

Post by jmatos » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:11 pm

I'm having the same problem. Editor sends midi, but is not receiving. It sees the Sub connected both in and out, but when I hit the "Capture Hardware" button or move any physical knob, it doesn't reflect on the Editor (The hardware does receive any change I do in the editor, it's very frustrating). Help!

dirx808

Post by dirx808 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:09 am

I've been fighting the same issue. Switching the MIDI I/O from "Both" to just "USB" seems to have solved the problem for me, at least in Ableton. Haven't tried in Cubase yet.
New Moogs: Sub 37, Minitaur - Ableton Live 9, Cubase 9, WaveLab 9 - Duet, UAD Apollo Twin + Octo - MacBook Air (10.11.6), Mac mini x2 (10.12.3) - MiniFooger Delay (x2), Drive and Chorus -- Legacy: Prodigy (Rev. 1), Juno-60, DX7 (Rev. 1 + Grey Matter E!)