Sub37 + Modular + Ableton question

Everything Sub.
Kriko

Sub37 + Modular + Ableton question

Post by Kriko » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:12 pm

Hello,

I use the Sub37 for triggering my modular setup. The Midi to CV interface is a Mutable Instruments - Yarns.

Is there any way to reach the modular when a Midi clip from Ableton plays ?? S37 is the intermediate in this procedure and it does understand when a Midi note is played. However, it does not send this information to the modular.

All I want to do is having written midi clips in Ableton, send them to S37 so I can take advantage of its Arpeggiator and send all of these informations to trigger the modular.

Matthias32

Re: Sub37 + Modular + Ableton question

Post by Matthias32 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:33 pm

Kriko, have you checked the midi settings on the Sub?

i'm assuming you have the sub connected to the computer via usb
press the midi button, and make sure the setting 'echo usb in' is set to : din
this way the midi out of the sub will transmit all data it receives via usb as well.

same thing if you are sending midi into the sub, then you must make sure that 'echo midi in' is set to din

make sure there is no conflict on the midi channel you are sending data on (fr example you're sending on channel 2 but the default channel of the yarn is 1. possibly a setting of a specific number 1 through 16 is preferable to 'all'

i have no experience with modular kit, but i use this setup to pass on midi to my minitaur via the sub, and that works fine

best of luck
Sub37,Minitaur,DSIProphet12,Cubase,AbltnLive,Reason,RMEfirefaceUCX +FocusriteOctopreMKIIDynamic, BabyfacePro,LaunchpadPro,AkaiMpk249,ZeroMkII,StrymonBigSky,ShermanFB2, Xbase09,TR808,PF500 Stagepiano, ElCapistan,HeddType07,Mics &Waay too many cables

RudiFeels

Re: Sub37 + Modular + Ableton question

Post by RudiFeels » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:26 pm

Yes, I had this same issue recently trying to send midi from ableton to my sub 37 to my mother 32. Go into the midi settings(on the sub37) and I believe the setting need to be turned on is Echo there should be two different echo options turn them both on to both. Should be good to go!