Volume Pedal Reversing

Everything Sub.
funkybeatz911

Volume Pedal Reversing

Post by funkybeatz911 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:58 pm

Hi Guys,

I have been experiencing a strange problem with expression pedals. When I plug in an expression pedal to the volume control port on the Sub Phatty it works in reverse. By "reverse" I mean when I push the pedal down to the floor (step on the gas) it decreases volume, and when I pull it up off the floor it increases volume.

Why is it working backwards? I've tried multiple pedals and they all work in reverse with my Sub Phatty. I have tried the same pedals with other keyboards (but not other Sub Phatties) and they all work properly.

Thanks!

mmarsh100

Re: Volume Pedal Reversing

Post by mmarsh100 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:42 pm

Switch the polarity on your expression pedal, that should do it.

BTW, the way you describe backwards is the way I like it to work: down = off up = loud, like a wah-wah. YMMV...

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:59 pm

mmarsh100 wrote:Switch the polarity on your expression pedal, that should do it.

BTW, the way you describe backwards is the way I like it to work: down = off up = loud, like a wah-wah. YMMV...
I don't think that switch is for reversing, it changes the curve response in the tests I've made. In the site it refers to it as polarity selector.
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

funkybeatz911

Post by funkybeatz911 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:22 pm

The weird thing is that the pedals work normally with other keyboards without changing the polarity.

CRJ

Post by CRJ » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:38 pm

if the volume goes away when you press the back part of the pedal to the ground, and then comes back when you push the front part of the pedal all the way forward, then it is working correctly. if you wanna do the opposite, you will need to figure out how to switch the polarity on your pedal.

do pedals exist that are full blast when down, and off when the pedal is up? i am not having any come to mind