SUB 37 firmware 1.2: modulation assignments broken?

Everything Sub.
cronbg

SUB 37 firmware 1.2: modulation assignments broken?

Post by cronbg » Sat May 28, 2016 10:39 am

Hi

Since firmware 1.1 it has been possible to quickly assign modulation destinations by holding the square DEST button and manipulating a knob/button. After updating to firmware version 1.2 this doesn't seem to work anymore.
I had to revert to v.1.1 to restore that functionality.

Does anybody else have this issue?

LuLoop

Re: SUB 37 firmware 1.2: modulation assignments broken?

Post by LuLoop » Sun May 29, 2016 8:25 am

Hi,

YOu turn the modulation wheel up?

here is working everything fine.
Regards Luloop
Sorry for my English..It is not my Mother language
Machines: Sub 37.
Systems: Win7 64 and Mac Pro 10.9.4 Logic pro X

ObtuseMoose

Post by ObtuseMoose » Sun May 29, 2016 10:48 am

Seems to be working as expected for me. If you haven't already, you might try reloading the 1.2 firmware.

--
Moose

Flareless

Post by Flareless » Mon May 30, 2016 6:37 am

I've got the same problem as the OP. Just haven't got around to posting a question about it (too busy playing with my modular :oops: ).

I'm going to take Moose's advice and try re-installing the firmware.
Rich

What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound - Neil Peart

Flareless

Post by Flareless » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:15 am

Re-flashed the firmware and this is still a problem. I can set the destination through the menu but this was such a great feature to have.

Any suggestions?
Rich

What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound - Neil Peart

ObtuseMoose

Post by ObtuseMoose » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:35 am

How exactly (step-by-step) are you trying to set the destination?

Stevie Ray

Post by Stevie Ray » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:37 pm

Might be an idea to address this to Gillw of the Moog quality assurance team who is asking for beta testers for new firmware. See his post in this sub-forum.

Flareless

Post by Flareless » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:18 pm

@Moose
With either an existing preset or INIT PRESET I scroll through the MOD2 DEST selections with the button until I reach EG TIME/PGM. I then press and hold the MOD2 DEST button. In the past the LED would remain solid until I diddled (technical term, I know) another control. Often this was the Filter Cutoff. At that point the LED would go dark.

Now when I press and hold the MOD2 DEST button the LED jumps to the LFO1 RATE position. Variations on this process, for example holding the button down when I scroll from NOISE LEVEL to EG TIME/PGM fails to give me the same result as version 1.1 of the firmware.

I'm not sure at what point during the beta program firmware updates this stopped working.

@Stevie
Yes, I think you're right.
Rich

ObtuseMoose

Post by ObtuseMoose » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:36 pm

OK, here's what happens on my Sub37. I'm starting with an INIT patch and working with MOD2 with a square wave selected for SOURCE, and LFO2 RATE set at about the mid point.

1. Regardless of which LED is lit on the MOD2 DEST selector, when I press the button in the middle, the next LED always lights up, even if it's on the EG TIME/PGM setting, the next LED (LFO1 RATE) lights up.

2. I press and hold the MOD2 DEST button. As I say above, the lit LED advances to the next position even though I'm holding the button.

3. I diddle a knob (e.g. RESONANCE). The MOD2 DEST LED immediatly jumps to the EG TIME / PGM position if it wasn't there already.

4. I release the MOD2 DEST button and the EG TIME / PGM LED stays lit.

5. If I play a note, I can hear the effect of LFO2 on the filter resonance. (Of course, the MOD2 AMOUNT knob has to be on something other than 0, and the RESONANCE knob must be on some setting where the LFO modulation will be noticeable. E.g. if MOD2 AMOUNT is fully clockwise, RESONANCE should be at or near 0.))

That tells me the feature is working because I can hear the effect of the LFO modulation on the filter resonance. HOWEVER:

6. if I diddle the FILTER CUTOFF knob while holding the MOD2 DEST button. The MOD2 DEST LED stays where it is and nothing happens. Presumably, this is because there is a dedicated knob for MOD2 -> FILTER CUTOFF, so it kind of doesn't make sense for both MOD2 DEST and the dedicated knob to be assigned to the filter cutoff.

7. If I diddle the NOISE knob, OSC1 or 2 WAVE knobs, or LFO1 RATE knob, the MOD2 DEST LED for the corresponding destination lights up. In other words, there's already a position dedicated to MOD2->NOISE, so diddling the NOISE knob simply has the effect of selecting that dedicated destination.

It sounds like some of this behavior is different from the 1.1 firmware (I didn't use this feature much in 1.1), but I think all the functionality is still there.

--
Moose

Flareless

Post by Flareless » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:16 pm

Tried it as you described Moose and it works fine. What confused me was the different way the LEDs worked between versions.
Rich