Sub37: Crackling/fading Headphone output

Everything Sub.
bichuelo

Re: Sub37: Crackling/fading Headphone output

Post by bichuelo » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:43 pm

Stevie Ray wrote:
breun wrote:If replacing the headphones fixed the problem, then there was nothing wrong with the output of the synth, right?
I can vouch that Soundmagic phones are so wonderful they will fix all of your audio problems (real or imagined, medicated or not).

Shitty amp --- Soundmagic Phones :D

Awful sounding synth --- Soundmagic Phones :D

Want to communicate with loved ones who have passed 'beyond the veil' --- Soundmagic Phones :D

I mean, who would use Beyer Dynamics or Sennheiser studio 'phones when you could use Soundmagic earbuds to solve all your acoustic woes? :shock:
Do you work for them?
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

Stevie Ray

Post by Stevie Ray » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:57 pm

Yes I work for Soundmagic Headphones, obviously! :roll:

rpernett

Post by rpernett » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:27 pm

Headphone Jack Problem: Captured!

When it happened, I hooked a Tascam DR-2WL portable recorder up the Sub37 headphone jack with a brand-new fresh out of the box cable and made a recording. (attached - WAV file converted to MP3 to reduce size using Logic bounce).

I start off by raising and lowering the volume using a combination headphone and main volume.

You will hear - High Pitched Whine, Low volume (low enough to be recorded at normal mic levels with the recorder), noise crunching in and out of the signal. At about 1:30 in the recording I turn the volume down and start turning the different oscillator mix knobs up and down, eventually I get to the resonance and that has the most effect on the whine.

No comments the awesomness that is the arpeggiator pattern please.

I have already traded emails with Adam and sent him this recording. I would love to know what's in store for me to get this fixed. Feel free to share your experiences with repair. I'm honestly a little terrified that my baby is unreliable and I'm going to have continuous problems with it. This is the first synth I have EVER owned that has failed in some way. Even all of my Juno 106 oscillators STILL WORK!

EDIT: MP3's are not allowed :oops: Let me know and I can send a copy if you're curious.
EDIT 2: I've added the MP3 to a zip file as suggested and it seems to have worked!

Peace,
Rob
Attachments
BadSub37.zip
Contains an MP3 recorded off of a bad Sub 37 headphone jack.
(2.6 MiB) Downloaded 133 times
Last edited by rpernett on Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sub 37 (Oct, 2015 Build) + Model 15 (app)
DSI Tetra, K2500RS, Juno 106, SH-32, JP-08, CS6x, Logic/RME Babyface

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:50 pm

You can attach .zip files, simply put your mp3 inside one and you are able to post it
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra