velocity sensitivity sub 37

Everything Sub.
bichuelo

Re: velocity sensitivity sub 37

Post by bichuelo » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:37 pm

This seems very naive, but maybe it might be able to help somehow? viewtopic.php?f=21&t=27752&p=161900&hil ... ir#p161900
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

funkyhammond

Post by funkyhammond » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:20 pm

Chimponaut wrote:I only notice this on the black keys. ...
I definitely also notice it on white keys and have confirmed using MIDI-OX that I reach max velocity without even playing very hard. It is always harder to control the touch of one's playing on a synth action vs. a weighted keyboard, but having the velocity max out so quickly exacerbates the problem needlessly. I don't see how changing springs would make a big difference on this particular issue (it may just smooth out the feel of the action a bit and I agree that the black keys are a bit stiffer). Again, compared to aftertouch, which seems to respond to surprisingly hard pressure (where I'll rarely if ever hit max values), the sensitivity to physical velocity needs to incorporate a wider range of touch to include harder strikes. I just hope it's not some hardware limitation.

sub guy

Post by sub guy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:08 pm

Its not a hardware issue. It is definitely a software issue and I am getting the impression that although there was talk from Moog before thae last software update came out that it would be addressed-- it might not be.