Sub37 - sequence mod value waveforms

Everything Sub.
mikeh11

Sub37 - sequence mod value waveforms

Post by mikeh11 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:18 pm

The attached zip file contains .seq files for the Sub 37 editor. The mod-values for the steps in the sequence define a waveshape. By using seq-mod-only you can play the mod-values only, and get sort-of a third LFO (with 64 steps per cycle).

Not for the faint of heart, I suppose! :-)
SeqModWaves.zip
Sequencer mod-value waveshapes
(46.9 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
MBP 2012 | OS X 10.11.6 | Sub 37 #6768

ObtuseMoose

Re: Sub37 - sequence mod value waveforms

Post by ObtuseMoose » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:55 am

Nice! I wish the glide function would work on sequencer mod values.

--
Moose

bernard

Post by bernard » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:35 pm

Thanks mikeh!
What an effort!

The disadvantage is, if you record a new sequence (for using it together with the modulation), all the modulation values are set to 0.

You write in your readme : "...since the sequencer does not have a modulation destination for the oscillators".
Osc 1+2 level can be modulated, Osc 2 frequency also, however the range is limited to +/- 7 semitones of course.
Osc Octave can also be modulated for both oscillators, I wonder why not the waveform. Seems arbitrary.

A glide function, ObtuseMoose, would be great. I already suggested it in this thread I opened in the beta forum.

cheers,
Bernard

mikeh11

Post by mikeh11 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:44 pm

You write in your readme : "...since the sequencer does not have a modulation destination for the oscillators".
Good catch! I meant to say that we cannot change the pitch, but that's not what I wrote, eh? :)
I'll change it in case I ever update/repost.
Thanks!

And
The disadvantage is, if you record a new sequence (for using it together with the modulation), all the modulation values are set to 0.
Oh, sure! Already you want something to merge the modulation values with an existing sequence?
Hmm. Good idea! :)

And, yeah, the different collections of subsets of available modulation destinations is driving me batty. Maybe I'll make a chart and add it to that "other" doc....
MBP 2012 | OS X 10.11.6 | Sub 37 #6768