Sub 37 Editor v1.0.0 & Firmware v1.2.0 is now available

Everything Sub.
breun

Re: Sub 37 Editor v1.0.0 & Firmware v1.2.0 is now available

Post by breun » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:42 am

str8sounds wrote:I turned on the Sub 37 with pitch wheel moved all the way up.

I am stuck on "FIRMWARE UPDATE. Flash erased. Ready for code."
I believe the instructions also tell you to turn the fine tune knob all the way down or something like that?

The download also contains the files and instructions for a manual update procedure if the automatic updater doesn't work. You could try that.

Wall Bird

Post by Wall Bird » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:12 am

Cool. This resolved at least two issues I was having. Big thanks to the folks over at Moog.

1. It resolves a problem with the sustain pedal function that only allowed me to sustain Locally (The Sub 37) or as a MIDI controller. Now, once I go to Global/CV Mapping/Gate and set Gate to SUST PED, It will send MIDI sustain messages to external devices and retain the local sustain control of the Sub 37.

2. I've connected my Sub 37 to my computer running Ableton and accidentally discovered that pressing the bank preset buttons on my Sub 37 now send program change messages to my instance of Massive. This is exactly what I needed, as I will be using the Sub 37 as my main controller live. I did not see any mention of this in the new documentation, but I would love to get an official description of how this function works because I've noticed that the program changes only seem to send from banks 1-9. That said, my Sub 37 only has presets saved in the first nine banks, so this may be related. Perhaps they only messages from saved presets.

KOREAN BOY

Post by KOREAN BOY » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:07 am

Thank you. love it sub 37 editor

But can't i use to VST instruments in Cubase 8.035 of win 7 X64?

Only appears VST FX

Sorry i don't konw english well

i'm a korean

bemushroomed

Post by bemushroomed » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:35 am

Someone please share it on dropbox or whatever. Lot's of people didnt get the mail (beta testers for example) + some of us arent too interested in registering and having to do research where to find serial no. and around 20 other things... i looked at it but gave up. Thanks.

muleskinner

Post by muleskinner » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:40 am

str8sounds wrote:I downloaded the Sub 37 1.2.0 firmware zip file.

I extracted the files.

I turned on the Sub 37 with pitch wheel moved all the way up.

I am stuck on "FIRMWARE UPDATE. Flash erased. Ready for code."
Mine did that as well (on a Mac). I turned the Sub on and off again (whilst holding pitch wheel as per instructions) and then it worked. The installer software moved to a new page when I turned the Sub37 off saying 'waiting to send firmware' or something like that instead of the page that tells you to turn the filter cutoff down etc so I presume it needs to be on that page in order to work.

Can't say I'm blown away by many of the the extra presets but the software is worth the wait.
Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

mikeh11

Post by mikeh11 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:43 am

bemushroomed said:
Someone please share it on dropbox or whatever. Lot's of people didnt get the mail (beta testers for example) + some of us arent too interested in registering and having to do research where to find serial no. and around 20 other things... i looked at it but gave up. Thanks.
- I was in the Beta, and got the email. Of course, I registered it long before.
- The link is posted in the Beta group also.
- As for the serial number: Dude, just turn your Sub 37 upside down - it's right there! :D
MBP 2012 | OS X 10.11.6 | Sub 37 #6768

bernard

Post by bernard » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:20 pm

mikeh11 wrote:- I was in the Beta, and got the email. Of course, I registered it long before.
I'm in the beta also.
I'm - as a german - registered at our local distributor: EMC
I did not get any email.
The link isn't posted neither in the (open) phatty forum nor on the moog website.
So, for me it's still beta, not released officially.

Bernard

LuLoop

Post by LuLoop » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:29 pm

bernard wrote:
mikeh11 wrote:- I was in the Beta, and got the email. Of course, I registered it long before.
I'm in the beta also.
I'm - as a german - registered at our local distributor: EMC
I did not get any email.
The link isn't posted neither in the (open) phatty forum nor on the moog website.
So, for me it's still beta, not released officially.

Bernard
Hi,
For me the same. Also in the Beta... Got no email and I can not find it in the download section from Moog.
All the best wishes...
Luloop.
Sorry for my English..It is not my Mother language
Machines: Sub 37.
Systems: Win7 64 and Mac Pro 10.9.4 Logic pro X

LuLoop

Post by LuLoop » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:36 pm

KOREAN BOY wrote:Thank you. love it sub 37 editor

But can't i use to VST instruments in Cubase 8.035 of win 7 X64?

Only appears VST FX

Sorry i don't konw english well

i'm a korean
Hi,

It should appears as VST FX.....
That is OK like this.

Regards Luloop
Sorry for my English..It is not my Mother language
Machines: Sub 37.
Systems: Win7 64 and Mac Pro 10.9.4 Logic pro X

JazzMasta

Post by JazzMasta » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:49 pm

2. Disconnect USB cable from Sub 37
4. Windows and OS X:
- Run Firmware Updater 1.2.0
- Turn Sub 37 on, it should tell that it finds the Sub 37
- Turn Cutoff and Fine Tune knobs fully counterclockwise
- Raise the pitch wheel all way up, and while holding it turn the synth on
- Firmware updater screen should change, saying it recognizes the Sub 37
- Keep holding the pitch wheel all way up for 10 seconds - the automatic update should start
- Leave it to work for 10-20 minutes until it says "Installation Successful". It may take a while to complete so please be patient.
- Once completed, check for the firmware version in the Sub 37 (Global->Up Arrow). It should say: "M1.2.0 P1.2.0"
(2) You mean connect and not disconnect right? Otherwise, when are we supposed to connect the cable if using Mac (no step 3)?
(4) Both steps 4.2 and 4.4 tells the user to turn the synth on, kind of confusing.

Have you made these instructions in a hurry or am I missing something?

GilW

Post by GilW » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:46 pm

Hi,

To avoid confusion please follow the exact instructions appearing on the readme file supplied with the download zip.

For any further help please contact [email protected]

Thanks.
Gil Weinstock
QA & Beta Lead
moog music inc.

gdorworth

Post by gdorworth » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:24 pm

I haven't install the new software / firmware yet and have the following question:

Is it really necessary to install on Windows 7 the Sub 37 USB Midi Driver v2.23.0 for just using the new editor
in stand alone mode? I have other devices like the Virus T2 that use my current USB Midi driver in Windows 7.

If anyone has installed the Sub 37 USB Midi Driver v2.23.0 and is running a Virus T2 with no problems in PT 12.5 or Abelton live 9
please let me know.

Thanks!
Korg KronosX-88, Access Virus T2, Moog Sub 37, Rd-300SX, Eventide H3000 D/SE
i7 920 2.67GHz, ASUS P6T Deluxe, 6GB OCZ DDR3, ATI Radeon 4350, 1TB & 1TB WD Black Caviar, 03 Rack+, PT12.5, Abelton Live 9+, WIN 7 x64

brianoblivion

Post by brianoblivion » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:36 pm

Tried to install the new firmware on my Sub 37 and now all the lights are turned on, the screen is blank and I get no sound or Midi. Tried several times to install, turned it on and off, no luck. Any tips?
Beta Test Info: Mac OS X 10.11 (64 Bit) - Logic Pro X (64 Bit) - AU Plugins - Universal Audio Apollo Twin - Sub 37

ImNotDedYet

Post by ImNotDedYet » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:51 am

gdorworth wrote:I haven't install the new software / firmware yet and have the following question:

Is it really necessary to install on Windows 7 the Sub 37 USB Midi Driver v2.23.0 for just using the new editor
in stand alone mode? I have other devices like the Virus T2 that use my current USB Midi driver in Windows 7.

If anyone has installed the Sub 37 USB Midi Driver v2.23.0 and is running a Virus T2 with no problems in PT 12.5 or Abelton live 9
please let me know.

Thanks!
You shouldn't need to if you're only going to use it in standalone mode, unless you're also going to somehow sequence it or send MIDI to it while it's in standalone mode. It should only be needed when you're using the editor in conjunction with sending MIDI to play notes as well - at least that's my understanding.

chris_moog

Post by chris_moog » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:51 am

I received yesterday an email from Moog with the link provided for downloading the new Editor/Firmware.

I registrated my SUB37 on the Moog website when I purchased it a couple of months ago - the Moog-email indicates that they sent it to me "because I´m a registrated owner/user of the SUB37". I have not been a Beta-tester - so I do think this is an "official" release !!

Anyhow what I recognised after dowloading the .zip-file:
when extracted it under Windows 7 Pro into my regular sub37 - Windows subdirectory I got several messages that some files could not be extracted because of "file name too long". Then I extracted it on my Desktop (a higher directory-hirarchy) without any problems.

I´ve not yet installed anything - I do not have the time right now to properly test everything ...