Manually sync Sub37 arp?

Everything Sub.
ObtuseMoose

Manually sync Sub37 arp?

Post by ObtuseMoose » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:18 pm

Has anyone come up with a way to manually sync the arpeggiator (and sequencer) so that it starts playing a note immediatly when I press a key, like the KB RESET functionality on the LFOs?

I'm trying to do some multitracking with a digital multitrack recorder (not a DAW) that has no MIDI clock or sync capabilities and I'd like to use the arpeggiator. I can get the tempo close enough for my needs, but haven't figured out a way to synchronize notes with the recorded beats. I could do what I want if there was a setting that would force the arp to restart on the first key press, but so far I've not found such a thing.

--
Moose

andow

Re: Manually sync Sub37 arp?

Post by andow » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:57 pm

Global menu - Seq options - Phase reset: on :wink:

However, an option for setting the bpm of the sequencer/arp would be really (!) handy....

ObtuseMoose

Post by ObtuseMoose » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:55 pm

andow wrote:Global menu - Seq options - Phase reset: on
Dagnabbit! How did I miss that? :oops: I wish the manual had an index.

I strenuously agree about being able to set the BPM directly (or at least displaying the current setting). I think I read that such a feature was planned for a future firmware update. We can only hope.

Thanks very much, andow.

--
Moose

Sihaz

Post by Sihaz » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:41 pm

wonderful - i've been stuggling with this myself and had no idea there was a setting. I'm working on a piece with more than one synth playing live sequences and getting my sub to start at exactly the right time was taxing me :-)