Delay/Reverb Effect Pedal for the SUB37

Everything Sub.
Gheddi

Delay/Reverb Effect Pedal for the SUB37

Post by Gheddi » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:17 pm

Hello everyone, I shortly got a Sub 37 and I'm looking for a cheap delay that's great for ambient music. It should not go over 200€ (Yes, euros, I'm german). I searched some time and I didn't really find a pedal I hooked up with, so I'm asking here.
What delay/reverb/echo effect should I get? It's important that it has these really long, spacey halling sounds, like infinite long stretching of the sound... At the point I found the TC Electronic Arena Reverb and the EH Deluxe Memory Boy, the MF-Delay would be also in my price range.
So... any suggestions?
moog

jsharpphoto

Re: Delay/Reverb Effect Pedal for the SUB37

Post by jsharpphoto » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:31 pm

I would pair the arena (or T2, or Hall of Fame) reverbs with the TC Electronic flashback. The Minifooger is great for analog delay effects, but that's not exactly what you said you wanted it to do. I have a Hall of Fame reverb and the Flashback Triple delay on my voyager. It's cavernous.
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:28 am

You would be good to vary your delay options. Get something inexpensive like the Aqua Puss or the Carbon Copy delay which might do better for you at short delay times, and then get someting like the Empress or the El Capistan for longer delays. To the best of my knowledge, it is very difficult to find a delay that will handle short and long delay times and do your signal justice.

Rather than always trying to find equipment under a specific amount, be patient and save for something better over the long run. Or consider looking for used stuff.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Ollimac73

Post by Ollimac73 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:37 am

I am going through the same search...personally, I am saving for the "usual" Strymon Big Sky and Timeline....in the meanwhile, with the Sub37 I am using the lovely Valhalla plugins (Room, Shimmer, Vintage, Ubermod...) and a cheap, but astonishing, Behringer EM600 Echo Machine.
"...A fatal attraction is holding me fast
How can I escape this irresistible grasp?.."

jsharpphoto

Post by jsharpphoto » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:28 am

I like the flashback triple because it's very versatile. You have three independent delays that can be run in any combination, and they are all sync'd to the same clock (either tap tempo of midi in). So you can have a short slap back delay, a dotted eigth delay will tons of feedback, and some crazy modulation delay, all running at the same time, if you want, each with its own mix control. It's priced around $275 USD so it's a bit out of your range, but worth saving for.
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2

charbot

Post by charbot » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:23 am

If you are thinking memory boy, definitely get the Deluxe. The tap tempo and extra features make it surely worth the price difference. Like the previous poster said, look into used pedals to get more bang for the euro. My Deluxe Memory Boy was like $120, on ebay no less.

luczak

Post by luczak » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:30 pm

I use an MXR carbon copy which will fit your budget and is fantastic.

Gheddi

Post by Gheddi » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:43 pm

thanks for all the advice :)
moog