Selling Voyager for Sub 37: Pros and Cons?

Everything Sub.
stewthom

Selling Voyager for Sub 37: Pros and Cons?

Post by stewthom » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:08 am

Hi everyone,

I've been a happy owner of a Voyager PE for almost two years now, but have barely scratched the surface of what this instrument can do and don't really have much time to devote to become as fluent with it as I had hoped to be. The sound, though, oh God.

With that in mind (plus the fact that I'm still making payments on the Voyager), I'm considering selling it and "downgrading" to a Sub 37 as I'm primarily a guitar player, and am also keen to get into sequencing. I got a Mother 32 to work with the Voyager, but would perhaps get into it more if I had a single unit able to do both sequencing and other Moog-related experiments.

However, I do realize that I'd be forsaking the beauty of three oscillators, plus analogue envelopes, routing options and all that. It's not that I absolutely cannot afford to keep the Voyager, but I guess I'm feeling guilty about owning such a pricey and advanced piece of gear that I don't have the time I want to really learn how to master. Any feedback on pros or cons greatly appreciated.

Stew

tigre25

Re: Selling Voyager for Sub 37: Pros and Cons?

Post by tigre25 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:36 pm

Hi Stew

Cons: Sounds. You have 3 unique oscillators in Voyager I wish I had these kind of Oscillators on the board in my sub-37
Voyager presents very nice on the scene ;D
Cons: High Pass Filter

Pros: Sub37 has great routing options
Sub37 works well with MIDI it is very stable and very easy to synchronise with any DAW
Sub37 is newer and has a good support and well VST Plugin
Minimoog Model D Vintage 2016, 2x Moog Sub-37, Rhodes Fender MK II, Hohner Strings Melody, 2x SIEL Orchestra 2, Arturia 88, Oberheim OB3 Rack
Ableton, Focusrite, Steinberg, Macbook Pro