How to clean adhesive off Sub Phatty?

Everything Sub.
djdizzy216

How to clean adhesive off Sub Phatty?

Post by djdizzy216 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:19 pm

What's the recommended solvent that'd be safe to use to remove adhesive off my Sub Phatty? The store I bought it from had a sticker on the black part just above the pitch and mod wheels, I peeled it off but it left alot of adhesive behind.

KincaidDesigns

Re: How to clean adhesive off Sub Phatty?

Post by KincaidDesigns » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:47 pm

Hi Dizzy,
I have individual pads like alcohol pads, that are for medical tape removal from skin. I use these for any adhesive removal. They work fantastically!
The particular ones I use are - PDI Adhesive Tape Removal Pads. I get them from Amazon but you can certainly source them from anywhere that sells
medical equipment, including your local pharmacy

Steven

djdizzy216

Post by djdizzy216 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:31 pm

I ended up using isoproponal, a light amount so that no liquid would get into the synth itself. It was working pretty well at first but some of the adhesive wouldn't come off so I had to scrub it, even with scrubbing it took awhile to come off. Damn Sam Ash, it was a new-in-the-box item so I don't know why they put a sticker on it. It's like they were going to use it as a display model and changed their minds. The keys definitely had never been touched before so I know it wasn't actually used as a display then put back in the box and sold as new. The keys had a little click the first time I pressed each one down and I had to press them a few times to do the initial break-in.

Anyway it didn't remove any of the black luckily but it did remove some type of top layer. In the area I had to scrub, the black is shinier than the rest of the black area surrounding the pitch and mod wheels which has a more "matte" look to it; it also feels smoother than the rest of the area. Damn Sam Ash, I know it's only cosmetic but it's brand new, this sucks :(

Flareless

Post by Flareless » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:04 am

Sorry I arrived late to this party but I'll post this here for others who may have a similar problem.....

GooGone

This stuff is dynamite!
Rich

What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound - Neil Peart