SUB 37 defective key?

Everything Sub.
RobertSchulenburg

SUB 37 defective key?

Post by RobertSchulenburg » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:05 am

Hi

Got my brand new Sub 37 from the local Music Store today.

When im programming a new sound and dont touch the Frequency Wheel all keys give back two neutral OSCs except for the second Bb (from the left) - This particular key seems to have another Frequency Rooting which i only can erase when i turn the Frequency Wheel slightly to the left. But then all other Keys are 'out of tune'.

I frankly have to say that i am new to this machine but this problem seems a bit weird. Sounds to me like this particular Bb Key would have another Frequency adjustment as a basis. The other 2 'Bb' keys work fine!

Thanks in advance for any help.

ObtuseMoose

Re: SUB 37 defective key?

Post by ObtuseMoose » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:57 am

Sounds like you might need to do a "Note Calibration" procedure on that key. See the NOTE CAL section of the manual (page 48.)

--
Moose

RobertSchulenburg

Re: SUB 37 defective key?

Post by RobertSchulenburg » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:56 pm

Hey! Thank you so much for your hint! This finally worked.

The Department at my local Music Store had no idea and said i have to come back again and replace the Sub 37 with another one (time-consuming ... )

So im really happy over here that this is not needed any more. Still a bit weird that this Note Calibration Problem occurs on a fabric new Instrument. I mean, when you are new to this whole synth topic this particular solution not comes easy to mind. Thanks again.