Sub 37 patch change during sequence playback

Everything Sub.
ihgac

Sub 37 patch change during sequence playback

Post by ihgac » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:21 pm

Hi.
Just wondering whether what I'm experiencing can be fixed or whether it's something I live with. I have two identical patches apart from the 8 step sequence in each patch is different. I want to switch between patches and have the sequences continue in time. I've enabled the setting to wait until the current sequence finishes before the patch change but 80% of the time, the first note of the sequence in the new "identical" patch sounds shorter. It is as though the sub37 is trying to process the patch change and start the sequence at exactly the same time. It's a shame there is no way to group identical patches together so that each can have a different sequence and the only thing the sub37 has to do when switching between these patches is change the sequence. kind of storing multiple sequences per patch at the expense of using a patch per sequence. The more I type, the less sense I make so I'll stop now!

braddo

Re: Sub 37 patch change during sequence playback

Post by braddo » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:29 am

Exactly! This is one enabler for making music with more than one section. A reason the sequencer just isn't that interesting atm. Another would be to use different patches within one sequence so one could make eg an analog percussion track without having to track it.