sub phatty and arturia beatstep

Everything Sub.
krunktopher

sub phatty and arturia beatstep

Post by krunktopher » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:09 pm

Hello,

Please excuse my overall ignorance of all things synth if this is a completely stupid question but here goes-

I've got a sub phatty which is pretty much the greatest thing in the world. I recently picked up an Arturia Beatstep on the cheap to use as a sequencer for it. I should state that I don't really like integrating a computer into my setup either and haven't done so yet. I'd like to hook up the Beatstep to the sub phatty without using my laptop.

So I'm just a bit miffed about how to do this exactly- I know I'll need some 1/8th to 1/4 inch adapters but not sure which kind-I though the CV and KB inputs on the sub were expression pedal type inputs in that they would need a two ring tip cable? So would I need a two ring 1/8th inch to two ring 1/4 inch adapter?

Also seems I've read some stuff about the voltages being maybe too much for some of the arturia products for the the moog jacks-but his may have just been with the Beatstep Pro.

Any help or clues much appreciated. Thanks!

MoogProg

Re: sub phatty and arturia beatstep

Post by MoogProg » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:27 pm

Hey Krunktopher!
You probably want to connect the Beatstep to the Sub Phatty using a MIDI cable from the Beatstep OUT to the Sub Phatty IN. Set the Sub Phatty to MIDI Channel 1 because the Beatstep will always default to MIDI Channel 1 (it is buggy and will occasionally reset to default on its own). No computer required.

krunktopher

Post by krunktopher » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:00 pm

Huh Oh ok, no control voltage hookups required then for sequencing? Thanks for your help MoogProg, I will give it a try.

dave500

Post by dave500 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:55 pm

There is a update for the BeatStep. It helped.
Model D, Little Phatty Tribute w/cv, The Rogue, MF-102, CP-251, Animoog and Filtatron