[BRICKED] Sub Phatty & Firmware Update

Everything Sub.
Kramerica

[BRICKED] Sub Phatty & Firmware Update

Post by Kramerica » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:31 pm

So my Sub Phatty is bricked. I used C6, I went straight from computer to synth via USB, and tried to install the firmware update. It resulted in the single LFO flashing light, which apparently means it's in bootload. I tried to load again and now I get a bunch of crazy flashing lights, especially the octave LEDs that shoot from left to rate and varying speeds. No sound, of course. When I restart, it's either the same thing or its the lonely LFO light flashing again.

So what's wrong and what can I do?

The C6 installer guide says:
If you are still on Sub Phatty firmware v1 (serial# 2892 or below, and you’ve never updated to firmware v2), then you will need to update your Sub Phatty to bootloader v2 before you can use this firmware update. Contact [email protected] and ask them for help updating the boot loader.
Has anyone contacted them? I've tried updating to bootloader v2 and I get the same responses from my Moog. So frustrated.

Skullyzempire

Re: [BRICKED] Sub Phatty & Firmware Update

Post by Skullyzempire » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:01 pm

Did you ever figure out what was wrong?.If so what did you have to do to fix it?.I'm currently in the same boat.Lfo led is flashing but when I try to update the firmware the midi light just blinks really fast.I emailed tec support couple of days ago,waiting on response.

Skullyzempire

Post by Skullyzempire » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm

Did you ever figure it out.Im in the same boat.My Lfo light is blinking slowly but when I send updated firmware with correct settings the midi light just flashes real quick.Ive tried 2 different computers,every usb port on both ,different cables with no luck.I emailed tech support a couple days ago and waiting for a response.

alexfsu

Post by alexfsu » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:26 am

My Sub 37 is bricked too! Anyone found a solution?

Skullyzempire

Post by Skullyzempire » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:44 am

This is really frustrating isn't it(alexsfu)...I still haven't got a response.Ive tried updating it on 2 pc's and a mac.Still have the fast blinking midi light.I'm just wanting a answer so i know what to do.If its a simple fix good, if not ill put it in the mail and have them fix it.But right now its a really expensive brick.