Sub 37 rumors/new features wishlist

Everything Sub.
paul_sub37

Re: Sub 37 rumors/new features wishlist

Post by paul_sub37 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:22 pm

To be clear, I wasn't saying it was difficult/impossible - but there is a finite amount of programmer man-hours being spread across a number of products and they will be prioritising.

Bear in mind that his is a company that reportedly had a total of 61 full time employees as of June 2015 (http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/11/arts/ ... .html?_r=0) - so those available programming man-hours are going to be pretty thinly spread imo.

At least the work creating the mappings themselves should only need doing once, and then applied to both software and hardware (if they decide to do that).
My Sub 37 Patches - Sub 37 + Mother 32 + UR-44 + OS X 10.11/Ableton Live/Logic Pro X + Push 2

DrJustice

Post by DrJustice » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:30 pm

I agree, Paul - stellar work with the Sub 37 already for little big Moog 8)

But hey, this is the whislist thread... so you know how it goes :lol:

franklinstower

Post by franklinstower » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:23 am

I would like to see better velocity sensitivity with the keyboard. It is way to easy to hit the maximum velocity amount and difficult to play quietly and softer. Does anyone know if there are plans to do this one? Others have also complained about it and I have been resorting to using the volume knob to play more softly.

pribeh

Post by pribeh » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:35 pm

@franklinstower The velocity sensitivity of the Sub 37 is a documented issue actually. See:

http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24390

franklinstower

Post by franklinstower » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:37 am

pribeh wrote:@franklinstower The velocity sensitivity of the Sub 37 is a documented issue actually. See:

http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24390

Looks like Ill get my wish for better sensetivity. Cant wait its a real problem.

Subber37

Post by Subber37 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:56 am

Amos said he was going to fix the arpeggiator back/forth latched mode so as to work 'musically' (like a Juno 60) a while back, I've got the latest (beta) FW + editor and It still feels off so I hope that's gonna still be addressed as I find an ARP without that 'lock' working properly to be far less useful.

( basically it's fine if you move up a note but if the next note you play is below the previous lowest the arp sequence puts an extra note in throwing the whole thing out - have tried all the settings in the menus and IIRC Amos confirmed it was a bug and would be fixed - this is jut a vote in case they forgot!)

Andy.T

Post by Andy.T » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:39 pm

Very happy with my sub, but surely, it would be much easier to scroll through the options to find what you want, if the PGM Destinations were in alphabetical order. Like on the Virus TI. I can't see any logic in the current listing order.
This is a feature I would like to see implemented, as well as easier programming of SUBTLE pitch mod using Mod 2 Knob. Anything beyond just past centre is way too much.
Andy

JazzMasta

Post by JazzMasta » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:37 am

Andy.T wrote:...
This is a feature I would like to see implemented, as well as easier programming of SUBTLE pitch mod using Mod 2 Knob. Anything beyond just past centre is way too much.
Andy
+1

It's very difficult to add a touch of vibrato with the lfo:s without going into the menu and adding CTRL4 AMT to "calm down" the effect.
One shouldn't have to fiddle with controller menus just to get the mod wheel to do some _moderate_ vibrato!

jddrews

Post by jddrews » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:58 pm

I know it's been brought up, but numeric values for BPM in the display would be fantastic. Amazed it's not available in the menu.

andow

Post by andow » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:42 pm

I guess most of this has been mentioned, but the things that immediately bothered me were:

- no indication of the "preset-value" of a parameter. (for example in the Prophet 08 and I also think on the Voyager show the value saved in the preset and the current value of a parameter when turning the pot.
- no possibility of setting the bpm of the sequencer/arp.
- hard to set just a small amount of vibrato via pitch mod without overdoing it.

Connoissaurus

Post by Connoissaurus » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:12 pm

I really wish the step edit mode showed ANYTHING on the screen. Tap a step, note and mod amounts shown. Could introduce individual step gating that way as well.

And yes, some way to see the BPM! Crikey!
Moog Sub 37 | Win7 Pro 64-bit | Cubase 5.5.3 | MOTU Ultralite mk3

Wall Bird

Post by Wall Bird » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:32 pm

The one feature I'd really love to see is the ability to store Local Control settings and MIDI Ch Out routing with presets. I'm using my Sub37 as a master controller with my computer and I'd love to, with the press of a preset button, turn off local control to the Sub37 and immediately start sending to a pre-specified MIDI channel on my computer.

Unless, that is, I'm already wrong and this can already be done.

jabberwalky

Post by jabberwalky » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:50 pm

I'd really like the noise circuit to be brighter. It's just muddy and dark. I've never found that it fits well in a patch, and often tends to overpower everything else when used. A highpass or bandpass on the noise would be incredible. Perhaps I'm alone on this one.
http://www.soundcloud.com/variar Retrowave music
Sub37, Minikorg700s, Maxikorg800dv, Eps16+, Roland D50, Dx7, An1x, Korg Poly61, Paia9700s, Korg Ds8, Micron, Shruthi1
Windows 8.1 64bit, Ableton 9.1, Vsts, Scarlett 18i8, Pot of coffee

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:19 pm

jabberwalky wrote:I'd really like the noise circuit to be brighter. It's just muddy and dark. I've never found that it fits well in a patch, and often tends to overpower everything else when used. A highpass or bandpass on the noise would be incredible. Perhaps I'm alone on this one.
Hi jabberwalky,

The noise source in a Sub 37 is Pink Noise, which sounds considerably darker than White Noise.
(Converting your Sub 37's noise from Pink to White would require manually replacing some surface-mount resistors and capacitors inside the Sub 37.)

I believe the decision to use Pink Noise was made to help make percussion/drum sounds.

If you like to use White Noise to make wind, ocean, rain, lightning, and hi-hat sounds, you'll need to find a different source for the White Noise that you'd then feed into the Sub 37's AUDIO IN jack.

One source for White Noise is the Moog CP-251.

Here's a clever, third-party cable that creates White Noise. It gets its power from any other CV IN Jack that supplies +5v:

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2013/ ... our-synth/
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

LuLoop

Post by LuLoop » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:35 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote: Hi jabberwalky,

The noise source in a Sub 37 is Pink Noise, which sounds considerably darker than White Noise.
(Converting your Sub 37's noise from Pink to White would require manually replacing some surface-mount resistors and capacitors inside the Sub 37.)

I believe the decision to use Pink Noise was made to help make percussion/drum sounds.

If you like to use White Noise to make wind, ocean, rain, lightning, and hi-hat sounds, you'll need to find a different source for the White Noise that you'd then feed into the Sub 37's AUDIO IN jack.

One source for White Noise is the Moog CP-251.

Here's a clever, third-party cable that creates White Noise. It gets its power from any other CV IN Jack that supplies +5v:
Hi jabberwalky and _DemonDan_

Check this out....,,

>>>>> http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.ph ... 19728#wrap <<<<<<

Regards Luloop
Last edited by LuLoop on Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my English..It is not my Mother language
Machines: Sub 37.
Systems: Win7 64 and Mac Pro 10.9.4 Logic pro X