Sub 37 rumors/new features wishlist

Everything Sub.
ziggomatic

Sub 37 rumors/new features wishlist

Post by ziggomatic » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:45 pm

Hi!

I'd like to know if there's any rumors regarding Sub 37 upcoming features and also what do you want for new features :)

jido-genshi

Re: Sub 37 rumors/new features wishlist

Post by jido-genshi » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:59 pm

ziggomatic wrote:Hi!

I'd like to know if there's any rumors regarding Sub 37 upcoming features and also what do you want for new features :)
?

Just curious, what additional features are you expecting/wanting from the Sub 37 that you think it's lacking?

I think the Sub 37 is pretty much finalized, especially with the last update which gave it some pretty incredible (and previously planned for) features. I think Moog is smartly moving on to their next/newer products like the Moog Mother-32. Of course it would always be nice if they surprised us with some new thing for the Sub 37, but I don't wait around for new features, I work with what I have...

ziggomatic

Post by ziggomatic » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:25 pm

it's not a question of if i like the synth or not. i'ts probably the best synth i ever play with but i can tell you there's even more stuff to do with it. I even saw somewhere a post from Amos saying that eventually there will be more features for CTRL 4.

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:41 am

Is the polly chain mode fully implemented yet? That's the only thing I can think of. And the editor if one is to call that a feature.

christeck

Post by christeck » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:51 pm

The Sub 37 is nearly perfect IMO. What I'm really missing is a third envelope. Currently only the filter envelope is an option for independently modulating pitch or waveforms, resulting in a static filter cutoff. At least for lead sounds, a third envelope would provide much more flexibility.

That said, I love the Sub 37 "as is".

stewdio

Post by stewdio » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:11 pm

I've seen requests for multiple mod destinations - not sure if that's possible with the architecture but it would be super... It would be nice if the CV mapping assignments could be done by grabbing the knob like the Mod destination is now... And parameter value display would be useful too
instagram.com/stew_crookes
stewcrookes.com

~ all meters ~ all red ~ all the time ~

seanpark

Post by seanpark » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:24 pm

Analog clock input would be cool. The editor / librarian software will be cool.

The synth feels perfectly finished as is though.

aisling

Post by aisling » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:51 am

slabwax wrote:Is the polly chain mode fully implemented yet? That's the only thing I can think of. And the editor if one is to call that a feature.
In particular, a seamless relationship with the sub phatty....

muleskinner

Post by muleskinner » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:11 am

All I want is something that allows you to see what a parameter is set to when you switch presets.

I had this Vox ToneLab amp modeller once that just had a little black dot appear on the LCD when you moved a knob through the original (ie saved) preset value. Super simple solution but worked well. I'm sure Moog can come up with something better but even something that simple would do me.

cheers
Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

jsharpphoto

Post by jsharpphoto » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:31 am

I have zero complaints about my sub37. I think it is fantastic. I did come up with one (probably more complicated than I think) tweak to the firmware. I love the custom CV mappings. Would it be possible to have more in depth settings for these? Like virtual multipliers and inverters? For instance, being able to set the destination of one jack to more than one function, and possibly have the option to invert the voltage on those multiple destinations? Sometimes I will use two lfos to modulate the cutoff and resonance, but I have them moving in opposite directions. Syncing them up is difficult, since I have to invert one. Could that be done internally? I don't know. Maybe Amos can chime in, if he has time. My current workaround is to run out of a single LFO in the cp251 to a mult, then send one to the inverter and on to the synth, which takes up two jacks. Cumbersome but functional.
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2

Dapifer

Post by Dapifer » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:40 pm

I agree it seems like a pretty complete instrument. I have one small thing I'd like to see which seems like it would be very easy to do, which is a backwards option on the sequencer, not back/forth, just playing the sequence backwards.

voltage control

Post by voltage control » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:04 am

1. Assigning the arpeggiator/sequencer to only one of the osc and be able to play melodies with the other osc.

- Can this be done in a future update? It would surely raise the jamability to another level.
I actually thought this was possible, then i found out the melody played is following the same arp.

2. Storing/saving alternate tuned scales with the presets.

- Not very important, but still, why not?

stewdio

Post by stewdio » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:41 pm

I also would really like if the octave range buttons for the keyboard didn't affect a note that was currently being held and waited until the next note to take effect like on the subphatty
instagram.com/stew_crookes
stewcrookes.com

~ all meters ~ all red ~ all the time ~

Subber37

Post by Subber37 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:39 am

voltage control wrote:1. Assigning the arpeggiator/sequencer to only one of the osc and be able to play melodies with the other osc.

- Can this be done in a future update? It would surely raise the jamability to another level.
I actually thought this was possible, then i found out the melody played is following the same arp.

no. To be very clear, it's NOT a polyphonic synth at all. While you CAN trigger the second osc's frequency at a given key, it will *ALWAYS* trigger when the whole voice triggers!!! I've had to tell a few people this who don't seem to 'get it'. The sub 37 is a mono synth, a single voice mono synth (a voice being the whole thing from OSCS > FILTER > ENV/VCA) the fact is has two oscs, and a sub... doesn't mean it has two independent voices. If the voice is triggered (by the arp/seq) then it's envs/vcas are open and sounding, if it's not triggered then they are NOT. So the only time you'll hear your sound (regardless of which osc you are 'playing' in duo mode) is when the entire voice is ON, OPEN, PLAYING - and in the arp/seq mode this voice opening is triggered by the arp/seq as intended.

You'll never play an independent solo melody (with different note triggering/timing) than the underlying arp/seq in duo modem your hand playing melody will always be locked (time/trigger/rhythm wise) to the same clock as the arp/seq, you can play different notes but not 'in the gaps' where the voice is SILENT. For that you'd need a true TWO VOICE or more polyphonic synth.

Flareless

Post by Flareless » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:05 am

One more vote for parameter display. Particularly BPM.

Otherwise...... I LOVE IT!
Rich

What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound - Neil Peart