Sub Phatty cheat sheet typos

Everything Sub.
medwaystudios

Sub Phatty cheat sheet typos

Post by medwaystudios » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:24 am

Hi, just noticed the cardboard 'cheat sheet' that comes with the Sub Phatty has two typos in the top section. There are two sentences using 'its' that are spelled 'it's' incorrectly.

"...within it's selected frequency..."

"...level at it's outputs."
Windows 7 x64 / Sub Phatty

jsharpphoto

Re: Sub Phatty cheat sheet typos

Post by jsharpphoto » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:43 pm

Thanks for bringing this to the attention of the entire forum. I'm sure correcting this is a high priority for Moog. Once they fix the spelling, they can get back to work on the new polyphonic synth everyone has been speculating about.
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2

jsharpphoto

Post by jsharpphoto » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:53 am

Oh man. I almost couldn't sleep last night, thinking about these typos.
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:13 am

For all the tech writers who make my life a little more "interesting" each day ...

Its vs. it’s

Its, without an apostrophe, is the possessive of the pronoun it. It’s, with an apostrophe, is a contraction of it is or it has. If you’re not sure which spelling to use, try replacing it with it is or it has. If neither of those phrases works in its place, then its is the word you’re looking for.

Most English speakers are comfortable with the difference between its and it’s, yet even the most careful writers mix them up in careless moments. Such errors are typos, not grammar mistakes (there is a difference), and can usually be stamped out with a quick proofread. None of us is immune to these mistakes, so let’s not be too hard on people who make the occasional its/it’s slip-up.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:14 am

jsharpphoto wrote:Thanks for bringing this to the attention of the entire forum. I'm sure correcting this is a high priority for Moog. Once they fix the spelling, they can get back to work on the new polyphonic synth everyone has been speculating about.
jsharpphoto wrote:Oh man. I almost couldn't sleep last night, thinking about these typos.
That... is not very kind, and I must say I tend to tolerate it even less from a newish member.

People here have good intentions; years told me so.

If you think a topic is useless, just ignore it. It will sediment if others think like you do. But please don't spread bad vibes here.

jsharpphoto

Post by jsharpphoto » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:40 am

Fair enough. I don't say anything on the internet that I wouldn't say to someone's face. Maybe my level of sarcasm doesn't translate well for this forum. How about some factual response instead?

The manuals, posters, and packaging for companies like Moog are printed in bulk. This is because commercial printing is rather expensive and generally printed in large quantities to kee the per-item cost down. This means that it's likely to assume that all of the manuals for a given synth are printed at the beginning of the production run, rather than re-ordering them every year. By this practice, scrapping a stock-pile of printed materials over a few typos is not feasible. If it was something actually important, like wrong midi cc messages, they could supply an addendum. But for something like this, it's just not happening.
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:18 pm

The quality of documentation for any product reflects on the product itself. It is important that it is accurate and as complete as possible. Moog prides itself in producing the highest quality in the industry and it should apply to all areas, documentation included.

Most documents are online pdf files and errors can be easily corrected. With printed material, yes, no one is going to make another run for a typo.

There is nothing wrong to report a documentation error or omission no matter of the level of importance.

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:09 pm

stiiiiiiive wrote:
jsharpphoto wrote:Thanks for bringing this to the attention of the entire forum. I'm sure correcting this is a high priority for Moog. Once they fix the spelling, they can get back to work on the new polyphonic synth everyone has been speculating about.
jsharpphoto wrote:Oh man. I almost couldn't sleep last night, thinking about these typos.
That... is not very kind, and I must say I tend to tolerate it even less from a newish member.

People here have good intentions; years told me so.

If you think a topic is useless, just ignore it. It will sediment if others think like you do. But please don't spread bad vibes here.
I have to say I agree with stiiiiiiive in principle...I also have to say I laughed out loud at jsharpphoto's second comment (Sunday A.M.) medwaystudios, buddy, I hope you can be a little tough and stick around to make future contributions to the forum. Maybe just send the minor proofreading comments directly to the Moog team. Major errors are good to point out here, as potentially instructional for forum members.

Happy Sunday everyone!

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:02 pm

jsharpphoto wrote:Fair enough. I don't say anything on the internet that I wouldn't say to someone's face. Maybe my level of sarcasm doesn't translate well for this forum. How about some factual response instead?

The manuals, posters, and packaging for companies like Moog are printed in bulk. This is because commercial printing is rather expensive and generally printed in large quantities to kee the per-item cost down. This means that it's likely to assume that all of the manuals for a given synth are printed at the beginning of the production run, rather than re-ordering them every year. By this practice, scrapping a stock-pile of printed materials over a few typos is not feasible. If it was something actually important, like wrong midi cc messages, they could supply an addendum. But for something like this, it's just not happening.
I don't say you wouldn't say it in real life, rather I'm talking about taking care about who you're chatting with.
I agree MoogMusic must not re-order a print bulk, however that's not what Medwaystudios said. Let's be fair and thankful to good intentions, let's ignore them if not touched, but hey, we're in a place where pleasure is the center of all things, so...

I know you're not trollish since I've read some of your posts ;)

jsharpphoto

Post by jsharpphoto » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:11 pm

Honestly, I thought about not saying anything. But given that (as far as I know) the sub phatty still won't polychain, the sub37 has no editor, and they are still gearing for the Mother32, which will likely have its own things to be worked out... Even if Moog could do something about the typos, when would they find the time?

Given that people have been waiting for over a year for some of these features, typos in the manual seem like "first world problems"
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2