Sub 37 & Slim Phatties polychain issue

Everything Sub.
Rbwduece

Sub 37 & Slim Phatties polychain issue

Post by Rbwduece » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:47 pm

Ok, so I have two Slim Phatties polychained to my Sub 37, with the Sub 37 acting as voice #1 and the two Slims serving as voices #2 and #3. Everything works very well and it's a blast to go polyphonic and multitimbral simultaneously. However, I want to be able to control all three voices via MIDI with my DAW. I'm going from my audio interface MIDI out to the Sub 37 MIDI in, but when I play a sequence from my DAW, ONLY the Sub 37 notes trigger. (in other words, one note strikes on every third note and it's the Sub 37 voice) Additionally, the Slim Phatties aren't responding as if a note were played. (the arrows that show up on the LCDs when MIDI is incoming do not show up) Everything works just fine when I play the keys on the Sub 37. To rule out the problem potentially being caused by my DAW, I plugged another MIDI controller into the Sub 37 MIDI in to see if I could play polyphonic and I could not. (the same thing happened, every third note triggered the Sub 37 voice) Surely there's a way to control all three voices with an external controller/DAW? Additionally, I would like to find a way to run the MIDI out signals from all three voices back into my DAW simultaneously. Is this possible?
Last edited by Rbwduece on Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rbwduece

Re: Sub 37 & Slim Phatties Polychained...

Post by Rbwduece » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:15 pm

Having given this more thought, there has to be a way to control all 3 voices with a DAW/MIDI controller because you're required to do it when you have a Slim Phatty-only polychain. Maybe I'll try reversing the order of voices to where the Sub 37 serves as voice #3. But, in theory, that really shouldn't make a difference. Hmmm.

Rbwduece

Re: Sub 37 & Slim Phatties polychain issue

Post by Rbwduece » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:34 am

Ok, after fiddling around, I THINK I fixed the problem. By switching the ECHO DIN IN setting to DIN, I can now play/sequence notes polyphonically with a DAW/midi contoller. It's on like Donkey Kong, now!