Sub 37 build quality

Everything Sub.
christeck

Sub 37 build quality

Post by christeck » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:38 pm

Hi all,

I just registered after lurking around for a couple of weeks. Such a great community!

I got my Sub 37 in June this year. Frankly, I am quite impressed. Except for an semi-analogue Microwave I it is my first analogue machine during 20 years of synth programming.

The first tribute machine had some hardware issues. The MIDI out socket was mounted out of center, so none of my cables did fit, and one black key was out of positioning. Fortunately my dealer simply exchanged the device.

The replacement machine had another issue. Switching all sources off in the mixer (the switches are an outstanding feature while programming the synth, BTW) still lets pass some serious noise when depressing a key, which gets worse when using multidrive and feeback settings. The machine now is on the way to repair. I'm curious whether the engineers will manage to fix the issue.

So my impression is: A fantastic machine (I programmed a couple of sounds I didn't expect) but I'm worried concerning its build quality. What issue will be next?

I'm pretty sure I just got two real lemon devices and I hope I get the machien back from repair in perfect state. If so, I have a couple of lead sounds to share :) .

ce

Control_Voltage

Re: Sub 37 build quality

Post by Control_Voltage » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:26 am

Hi there,

Andy from Moog Tech Support here!!!

We will dig deep into your unit to see if there is a fault. With an analog device there is going to be a small noise floor that is present if you disable all of your sound sources and press a key, and this will become more noticeable if the Overdrive/Feedback is active.

However, we will make sure it is within the bounds of normal for a Moog!

The other issues I will certainly bring to the attention of our production personnel so that they can strive to avoid these mistakes in the future.

Thank you very much for your feedback, we deeply appreciate it.

Thanks,
Andy Hughes
Service Department Manager
Moog Music, Inc.

christeck

Re: Sub 37 build quality

Post by christeck » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:29 pm

Hi Andy,

thanks for the motivating reply. I got mine back today. The dealer told me the mainboard was replaced. Now there is almost no audible noise floor, so that the patches sound as expected. Fantastic.

I promised some patches, which will appear in another thread in a couple of minutes :) .

ce