possible problem with sub 37

Everything Sub.
franklinstower

possible problem with sub 37

Post by franklinstower » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:59 pm

I have a couple of questions for you guys about a possible problem with my sub 37. Here is the first one.

Panel mode-- only oscillator 2 is on. Oscillator 1 and the sub are switched off.

If I set the MOD 1 or the MOD 2 to effect oscillator 1 -- even though 1 is off it is still effecting the sound of oscillator 2. Is that supposed to be happening?

_DemonDan_

Re: possible problem with sub 37

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:05 pm

franklinstower wrote:Panel mode-- Only Oscillator 2 is on. Oscillator 1 and the Sub Osc are switched off.
If I set the MOD 1 or the MOD 2 to affect Oscillator 1 -- even though 1 is off it is still affecting the sound of Oscillator 2.
Is that supposed to be happening?
Hi franklinstower,

For purposes of clarity... Are you talking about using the OSC button (with 1 and 2 LEDs on either side of it) to only affect PITCH modulation of Oscillator 1?

And... Are you only talking about the PITCH AMT knob in MOD 1 and MOD 2, or are you talking about other modulation destinations as well?

I ask because the only two front panel ways to make a modulation go to only one of the OSCs is via the OSC button and the MOD DEST button (if you're selecting OSC 1 WAVE or OSC 2 WAVE).
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

franklinstower

Post by franklinstower » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:14 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote:
franklinstower wrote:Panel mode-- Only Oscillator 2 is on. Oscillator 1 and the Sub Osc are switched off.
If I set the MOD 1 or the MOD 2 to affect Oscillator 1 -- even though 1 is off it is still affecting the sound of Oscillator 2.
Is that supposed to be happening?
Hi franklinstower,

For purposes of clarity... Are you talking about using the OSC button (with 1 and 2 LEDs on either side of it) to only affect PITCH modulation of Oscillator 1? No

And... Are you only talking about the PITCH AMT knob in MOD 1 and MOD 2, or are you talking about other modulation destinations as well?

I ask because the only two front panel ways to make a modulation go to only one of the OSCs is via the OSC button and the MOD DEST button (if you're selecting OSC 1 WAVE or OSC 2 WAVE).
I am talking about the MOD DEST button where there are six places to rout it to. I have it set to go to Ocsilator 1 which is turned off and yet it is modulating Osc 2 which is turned on. Is that clear?

I seem to be having other difficulties with the mod busses. On some self designed presets I cannot get one or the other of the Mod buses to have any effect whatsoever. Which one does not work changes for different presets....

Has anyone had this kind of trouble after installing the new software? I just put mine in about a week ago. It seems a little glitchy-- I installed it directly from the computer to the Moog.

GregVDS

Post by GregVDS » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:40 am

Hi,

pay attention that following the mod wheel intensity settings, your mod can be totally off, if mod wheel is at minimum, and its influence is at 100% (which is the case for one of the two by default). Regarding your other problem, try to see if the phenomenon is there as you describe it, and then, when you have it, do try to move the mod intensity knob that is just right to the mod dest six choices button. It maybe that the bug (if it is one indeed) you describe is that the mod dest choice is truely taken into account when you modify the intensity too (or not). Let's try to see if this mod intensity change 'cure' the mode dest choice by stopping to influence OSC 2.

If this is so, you can send this to Amos as a true bug.

All the best,

Greg

franklinstower

Post by franklinstower » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:41 pm

I am not sure I understood your post- I am a newbie.

I did move the mod amount knob and it has no effect whatsoever on the sound. The problems are many in my opinion. Yesterday on many of my presets one or the other of the oscillators had no effect or else a very very slight effect no matter how I had things set. Today most of my presets have both MOD buses having effects unlike yesterday. :x

Please answer this one question-- is it normal for the mod destination to be set at OSC 1 wave with Oclilator 1 switched off and turned all the way down and yet the mod bus is modulating oscilator 2? If that is not normal then there is a problem.

Also should I try to fix this by reinstalling the new software?

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:47 pm

franklinstower wrote:Please answer this one question-- is it normal for the MOD DEST to be set at OSC 1 WAVE with OSC 1 switched off and turned all the way down and yet the mod bus is modulating OSC 2?
It might if OSC 2 SYNC is lit. But, other than that, no.
franklinstower wrote:Also should I try to fix this by reinstalling the new software?
An install or re-install couldn't hurt and could only help.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

franklinstower

Post by franklinstower » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:50 pm

Ok then there is a problem for sure. I will reinstall the software later today and hope that fixes it. I have had other problems "Ghost" problems that come and go on this thing. I hope it happens to someone more knowledgeable so that they can tell Moog in language that is useful.

franklinstower

Post by franklinstower » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:13 pm

Moog has recomended running a recalibration on the sub 37 as a potencial sollution. They thought what is wrong with my sub is very strange...

I have the files from Moog and have downloaded the MIdi ox software but cant figure out how to connect the info from Moog to the midi ox software.

Any videos or help for this online anywhere--- or suggestions?

c7sus

Post by c7sus » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:57 pm

re: MIDI-OX...

First off make sure to select proper available port and make sure MIDI-OX and the Sub37 are sending/receiving on the same MIDI channel. I think MIDI-OX defaults to omni but not 100% sure.

Options > MIDI Devices should display all available MIDI ports.

In main window click "Options" > scroll to bottom selection "Pass SysEx"--- make sure this is enabled.

In main window click "View" > Sysex. In the new window click on "Command Window > Load File". This will open a window to select the file. Select the unzipped file and click "open."

Click on "File" > Send Sysex File to install onto the Sub37.

If it doesn't load correctly you might try adjusting the buffering via the main window > Options > Configure Buffers.

Hope this helps.
Voyager EB #165, T3 #292, MF-101, 102, 103, 104SD, 2x104MSD, 105M, 107, 108M, MP-201, VX-351, CP-251, Frostwave Fat Controller.

franklinstower

Post by franklinstower » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:31 pm

Thanks man for the help ^^^^^

Got a friend who programs computers who is willing to do it for me and show me how in the process.