Question about the filters / presets on sub 37

Everything Sub.
QUbits

Question about the filters / presets on sub 37

Post by QUbits » Fri May 08, 2015 12:49 am

Hello,

I have a noob question (pardon my ignorance) but i'd like to know if its possible when you play a preset to modify the filters like the CUTOFF without getting a " jump " effect because everytime i play a preset and play with the CUTOFF knob the result (which is logical just wondering how i could get around it on a preset) is that its creating a jump in frequency / volume ? Is it possible to achieve it on the moog or using any external hardware ?

Thanks for your answers.

GregVDS

Re: Question about the filters / presets on sub 37

Post by GregVDS » Fri May 08, 2015 7:06 am

The jump is due to the preset that contains one value for filter cutoff, and the knob sending a new, rather off value when you move it, AND the knob behaviour being ABS in the Global Menu (if I remember). You can define the knob behaviour to be relative ou through. Relative will begin to change the filter cutoff when you move the knob, but will try to catch up with the setting (not very clear, you must try it). Through won't change until the knob actually passes through the preset setting, and then knob and value will again be in synch.

Sorry I'm not very clear, but this is the way to avoid jumps in sound when changing a knob position.

Greg

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle » Fri May 08, 2015 7:16 am

Use the POT MODE parameter in the Global Menu. As GregVDS said you have ABS, THRU and RLTV.

ABS (absolute) - The paramter jumps to the current knob position as soon as you move it.
THRU (through) - Turning a knob has no effect until it reaches the current preset value, then it takes effect.
RLTV (relative) - Turning a knob immediately causes a slight change. Turning it more allows it to gradually catch up to the current preset value.

GregVDS

Post by GregVDS » Fri May 08, 2015 8:59 am

This! Much more clearly explained. Sorry, not the best of myself today...