1.1.0 is now here!

Everything Sub.
Leighzi88

Re: 1.1.0 is now here!

Post by Leighzi88 » Fri May 01, 2015 7:53 am

Auto installer worked flawlessly for me on OSX 10.9.2 ... (i had not updated from the very first firmware version for fear of bricking my S37!).

Amos and team - you guys are the best!! The new sequencer is amazing and will provide endless fun and inspiration! ... Haven't even explored the new modulation yet, but it looks cool .... Couldn't be happier with this awesome synth :)

Cheers,
Leigh from Melbourne!

Blueboxed

Post by Blueboxed » Fri May 01, 2015 8:45 am

1.1.0 installed and all sequencer features working fine. However I am having trouble getting the new Mod destinations shortcut feature to work properly. It works (most of the time) when mapping to knobs but I can't get it to work for mapping to switched (noise on/off button etc). I know these are valid Mod destinations, Amos even demoed them at namm, but for some reason I can't get that to work. It did work once for the slope button like on preset 1 but I can't get that to work a second time.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Corgy

Post by Corgy » Fri May 01, 2015 9:32 am

Thanks Amos,

great work, the sequencer is top - and - I enjoyed the automatic update procedure very much :D ! Great improvement to a already great instrument.

bernard

Post by bernard » Fri May 01, 2015 9:32 am

pb21 wrote:Just to make you aware I finally got the 1.1 on too ...
But how did you get it running?

My Moog is down, me too.
The Auto-Updater cleared the brain and that was it.
While installing the new firmware, the display shows "ERROR: Pkt.Cksm". The MIDI-Led was off.
I've tried several times (msg in Autoupdater: Installation failed, push "install" to try again) but without success.
Another time the display showed "ERROR: Proc.Buff".

Then I tried the manual update using MIDIOx. This time the MIDI-LED was constantly on while step 2, but never flashing. The display shows "getting code" forever and ever, no reboot of the Sub37 after finishing the file. I also tried different settings on buffers / delay times in MidiOx. Tried different USB-Cables too.

That's the status: The two Modrate-LEDs are constantly on, Arp-LED is flashing slow, the MIDI-LED is never flashing, after powering on the Sub, the display says "Flash erased. Ready for code".

I can't find Elektron C6, seems to be no longer available on their website.
I tried everything with 2 different PCs, both running still WinXP. May that be the problem? However, the Sub will be recognized and the first file (reboot the boot-loader) works all the time.

please help, it's so sad without my Sub.
cheers,
Bernard

DeckardTrinity

Post by DeckardTrinity » Fri May 01, 2015 10:16 am

I poked around on the new Elektron site and managed to find C6 (I found it under Machinedrum downloads)

http://eu.elektron.se/wp-content/upload ... N_1.51.zip

drglas

Post by drglas » Fri May 01, 2015 10:16 am

pb21 wrote:Ive experimented around a little and managed to get it rolled back to 1.07..phew.... I tried the auto updater again and it erases the previous version then after resets the usb connection as windows pings but then wont continue with the update as the updater says sub 37 not found.

when i try manual update to 1.1 it says on step two buffer out of memory.

Yes I will have to speak to the support team.

:(
How did you roll back'? Mine came with 1.07 and I have the same problem installing that.

Corgy

Post by Corgy » Fri May 01, 2015 10:32 am

bernard wrote: ...
That's the status: The two Modrate-LEDs are constantly on, Arp-LED is flashing slow, the MIDI-LED is never flashing, after powering on the Sub, the display says "Flash erased. Ready for code".

I can't find Elektron C6, seems to be no longer available on their website.
I tried everything with 2 different PCs, both running still WinXP. May that be the problem? However, the Sub will be recognized and the first file (reboot the boot-loader) works all the time.

please help, it's so sad without my Sub.
cheers,
Bernard
I don't find the link, but in a thread "Hardware Reset of the Sub 37" Amos said (I got a text copy downloaded... ;)

Quotation:

"There is something like a hard-reset for firmware update, which does the same thing as the Step 1 sysex... you turn the Fine Tune and Filter Cutoff knobs both to zero, and then hold the Pitch Bend wheel up (in its maximum bend-up position) while turning on the power. If you do this, then instead of booting normally the unit will boot up to the bootloader, erasing the main firmware if it was present, and will then be ready to accept the main firmware. (this means you can skip sending step 1 if you boot up in this special way)"

This should get you back to a virgin state at any time, regardless, what happened before. Recently I had much problems with the elektron sysex tool. Midi-Ox worked fine for me on Win 7. Sometimes the sysex tools loose connection to the midi-port. Best practice is, to check after each file transmission and set it back, if it has been lost.

electronicpoison

Post by electronicpoison » Fri May 01, 2015 10:35 am

everything fine after half an hour update :D

bernard

Post by bernard » Fri May 01, 2015 11:13 am

@ Corgy:
Thank you for the hint. I already searched the forum to find Amos' posting and I followed every step he described. This hard reset is working well, but this could also be done by MidiOx sending the first syx file.

But ... :D
DeckardTrinity wrote:I poked around on the new Elektron site and managed to find C6 (I found it under Machinedrum downloads)

DeckardTrinity, you saved my day!

Using C6 solved every problem, my Sub is living again! Now I hurry to explore the 1.1.
Thank you all again and I'm sure we all will have a nice weekend. Thank you Amos and Moog!

Bernard

MickMack

Post by MickMack » Fri May 01, 2015 11:23 am

Hello!
If you have a problem with the update, try the following in Win7 PC:
- Take a direct USB Port and no HUB
- when S37 is no longer detected
1.put the Sub37 out
2.take a new Port
3.restart the PC
4.open the Updater
5.power on Sub37 when pitch wheel is above and holding
6. awaiting received

Greetings from Germany

egg

Post by egg » Fri May 01, 2015 11:24 am

OH MY, Can't wait to get home to install.

Control_Voltage

Post by Control_Voltage » Fri May 01, 2015 12:09 pm

Hi guys,

Andy from the Moog Tech Lab here!!!

If you encounter any problems installing the new FW update, please contact us directly. My email is [email protected] and my number is 1-828-251-0090 ext 221

You can also reach out to my technicians:

Nick Montoya ext.217 [email protected]

Nate Marino ext.204 [email protected]

Thanks,
Andy Hughes
Service Department Manager
Moog Music, Inc.

Corgy

Post by Corgy » Fri May 01, 2015 1:22 pm

bernard wrote:@ Corgy:
Thank you for the hint. I already searched the forum to find Amos' posting and I followed every step he described. This hard reset is working well, but this could also be done by MidiOx sending the first syx file.

But ... :D
DeckardTrinity wrote:I poked around on the new Elektron site and managed to find C6 (I found it under Machinedrum downloads)

DeckardTrinity, you saved my day!

Using C6 solved every problem, my Sub is living again! Now I hurry to explore the 1.1.
Thank you all again and I'm sure we all will have a nice weekend. Thank you Amos and Moog!

Bernard
Great to hear this. I understand your feelings well. Have been there myself. Yes, this will be a Sub 37 + sequencer weekend :D

Rene K

Post by Rene K » Fri May 01, 2015 2:38 pm

hi,
the new auto installer didn`t work for me to. the Sub 37 hang on"error buffer full"
So i take the Elektron installer and install the 4 parts manuell like i did it with all other updates and never have a Problem with this. on "windows XP"

YES 1.1.0 is absolut fantastic!!!
- I'm a pedal Junkie an with the CV mapping i can record all Pedal parameter chances in my recording Software. :wink: Sad that the filter cutoff is not in the cv mapping list. Yes, there`s a regular filter cv jack, but this signals didn´t go to midi out so i cant record the pedal sweep.

- The mod quick assign opens a new way of programming "very fast" and reminds me of my oberheim xpander.

- 1.1.0 Is the most stable and tightest Version for me. I got a sepreate Windows XP music pc with cubase sx3 and a emagic amt8 Interface. plug the sub37 via midi. I record a track with key and bend playing and massive parameter change at the same time but the Moog works absolut tight.

again thanks for your great gift!

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Fri May 01, 2015 3:03 pm

Rene K wrote:Sad that the FILTER CUTOFF is not in the CV MAPPING list. Yes, there's a regular FILTER CV IN jack, but those signals don't go to MIDI OUT, so I can't record the pedal sweep.
Hi Rene K,

True but, on the positive side, it means that you can cleanly modulate the FILTER CV IN with high audio rate modulation sources.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _