Best speaker for sub 37

Everything Sub.
monsieurx

Re: Best speaker for sub 37

Post by monsieurx » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:50 pm

Draks wrote:Mine goes to KRK roket 5's but NEEDS the KRK subwoofer to let the neighborhood know I have a Sub37 :lol:
I got the KRK6 cause i read the woof was down the basement... I can't tell if it's colored or not (without a reference and someone to explain what i've read about sound color) but the krk6 is without going 50% full already overkill and the bass (coming out of the sub or the AR) are absolutely veloptous...

Serious overkill for my studio but you get that bass and it shows on other speakers... Took me a while to find that kind of calibration... what i hear is what i will hear elsewhere (except that bass)...

aisling

Post by aisling » Mon May 22, 2017 3:02 pm

I encountered the same voyage, and what started out as $5-600 budget, got frenzied, gassed, rationalized and up-sold into a QSC K12, that eventually became a complete pa system 2 years later, with a QSC sub. It was a complete impulse buy, but It has ended up being one of the best gear investments I have made. I practice with a bass player and drummer, we throw both my sub phatty, sub 37, roland e-kit, live mics, reason (with massive filter sweeping effects, drones, pads, delays, etc...), guitar running through pedal board, and sampler, all with live bass and drums.....It handles seamlessly with ample headroom, and gives me confidence for any live use (monitor or front).

dalahorse

Post by dalahorse » Mon May 22, 2017 10:38 pm

The first few posts had it. Roland KC-550. Big, heavy, loud, and rich in low end.
Dalahorse
Synths, drums, and bass

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Tue May 23, 2017 7:37 am

aisling wrote:I encountered the same voyage, and what started out as $5-600 budget, got frenzied, gassed, rationalized and up-sold into a QSC K12, that eventually became a complete pa system 2 years later, with a QSC sub. It was a complete impulse buy, but It has ended up being one of the best gear investments I have made. I practice with a bass player and drummer, we throw both my sub phatty, sub 37, roland e-kit, live mics, reason (with massive filter sweeping effects, drones, pads, delays, etc...), guitar running through pedal board, and sampler, all with live bass and drums.....It handles seamlessly with ample headroom, and gives me confidence for any live use (monitor or front).
+1 on the K12. I have a pair and they definitely deliver the goods! Not cheap, but well worth it if you've got the cash. Other than cost, the only downside is the weight (42 lbs each).

lizard king

Post by lizard king » Tue May 23, 2017 10:16 am

QSC k12

PS. We just upgraded the PA to the Bose F1 system so I have two used K12's for sale. :D
Sub 37, DM12, MF-102, MF-104, Kurz Forte, Kurz 361, Hammond M-111, Leslie 860 & way too many guitars

Moogtard

Post by Moogtard » Fri May 26, 2017 4:28 pm

Roland SA-300. Best I have ever heard. It does not color or distort the sound at all.