Sub37 - Wierd non-aligned Pitch/Mod plate

Everything Sub.
Blackout

Sub37 - Wierd non-aligned Pitch/Mod plate

Post by Blackout » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:59 pm

hi all, my pitch/mod wheel plate is not "flat". its always looked like it was not bent right during manufacture. it "slopes" towards the side where the keys start. ie the gap at the rear of the plate where it meets the panel gets wider and wider the more you look across it to the right until it gets to the start of the first keyboard key. or more specifically, the plate gets lower and lower and out of alignment (slopes) compared with the bottom edge of the knob panel as it runs towards the keyboard low C.

not sure if others do this or mine is just a duffer. obviously its a visual thing, not a "performance" issue. ive put it down to my unit having "character" but i wonder if others do this also? heres a pic:
moog pitch mod.JPG

m10k

Re: Sub37 - Wierd non-aligned Pitch/Mod plate

Post by m10k » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:14 pm

My Sub37 had a similar issue when I received it. Although it didn't affect playability, it bothered me aesthetically. I contacted Moog support and they took care of it.

Blackout

Post by Blackout » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:19 am

hi m10k, thanks for responding...what does "took care of it" mean exactly. i am not really too excited about the idea of sending my whole synth back across the ocean to get a small plate swapped...did they send you a new wheel plate?

m10k

Post by m10k » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:21 am

I sent mine back to them...which was the only nerve racking part of the experience because I didn't want to part with it. :) I could understand not wanting to ship it "across the pond" though. It wouldn't hurt to contact Moog support and see if they have an easy solution (assuming that it bothers you enough). It may be a simple process like loosening a couple of screws and shifting it back into place.

Blackout

Post by Blackout » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:38 pm

thanks m10k. im not sure if i could bare to be without my Sub for so long. and then it comes back after a travel OS with a cracked wooden end or something just to teach me a lesson not to complain.

i went yesterday to a shop that has another Sub37 on display and it had the same problem in the store for all to see.

So im not sure if i will be considered annoying and fanatical to be complaining now if all the units are like this?