Moog Sub 37 Sysex dump help

Everything Sub.
Benversion

Moog Sub 37 Sysex dump help

Post by Benversion » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:53 am

Looking for help for Sysex data dump from my Moog Sub 37 to Macbook!

I am trying to make sure that I have backed up all the patches I have created. I'm performing a Bulk Dump from the Midi Menu on the Sub 37 but I can't for the life of me find where this is stored on my Macbook (I have searched for ".syx" and this just shows the files from the last firmware update). Sorry if I'm being a bit slow here but I just need to be certain I have a back up of what represents quite a lot of work!

Any help greatly appreciated.

GregVDS

Re: Moog Sub 37 Sysex dump help

Post by GregVDS » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:06 am

Do you use a software to record the incoming syx dump file? I use sysex librarian.app. One needs to launch the app, have the Sub37 connected through USB (quite obviously), then in Sysex librarian, click on record one, the soft will wait for the bytes to arrive, and will record the file in the sysex librarian directory in your documents dir.

Hope it helps you.

Greg

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:41 am

Hi benversion,

After connecting your Sub 37 to the Mac via USB, launch SysEx Librarian and make sure that the Destination pulldown menu (at the top of the window) is set to Moog Sub 37.

Then, press the Record Many button on SysEx Librarian.
(Use the Record One button only when you're dumping one object like BUFFER SND, SEQUENCE, or CURRENT PRESET.)

It seems that you already know how to initiate a SysEx Dump from the Sub 37. Use ALL PRESETS to dump all your presets to one file. After SysEx Librarian is through saying Receiving SysEx message... (around 199 KB) press Done and you'll see a file called Untitled.syx in the SysEx Librarian window.

Rename it something like:

sub37_150422_All (sub37_Year/Month/Day_Type) This will keep them in perfect date order.

After that though, I'd also strongly suggest dumping each preset separately, which will allow you to add any of your presets to any Sub 37, one preset at a time. Use BUFFER SND to dump what's currently playing. The beauty of BUFFER SND is that, when you send it back to any Sub 37, it WON'T overwrite anything. It will simply fill the Edit Buffer. Then, you can save it to any location you want (or don't save it at all and it will go away when you call up a different preset.)

Rename each Untitled.syx file like:

sub37_DumpsterBass.syx and then you can find them all alphabetically.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

GregVDS

Post by GregVDS » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:17 pm

A much more complete answer, Dan.

Does the "record one" was wrong on my part for a full dump?

I hope the editor will be able to upload/download all the presets in different sysex files.

fwilleke

Post by fwilleke » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:01 am

Nice explanation, Dan. Where's the Like button? ;-)
___
Sub 37 Cookbook
My Website
Gear List
Me on Instagram

15" late 2013 MacBook Pro
Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.3