Is the Sub 37 filter cutoff fully open at 20KHz?

Everything Sub.
GregVDS

Is the Sub 37 filter cutoff fully open at 20KHz?

Post by GregVDS » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:54 pm

Hi,

Hi everyone,

looking at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cTZo0qUlK8 that compares Moog Minimoog Voyager to Moog Minimoog Model D, in which the guy seems to find a way to open a tad more the voyager filter, I checked on my Sub 37 if his manipulation could be reproduced.

I found this:

with an Init Preset, setting the EG Filter SUSTAIN to 10, FILTER CUTOFF to 20KHz and the FILTER EG AMT from 0 to +5, it seems the Filter cutoff can be opened a bit more than it is, as is shown for the Voyager in the video.

Now, keeping the FILTER EG AMT to 0 and setting the KB TRACK to 0 achieves the same result, opening a bit more the filter.

I find this very interesting. Do you experience the same with your Sub37?

All the best,

Greg

kvitekp

Re: Is the Sub 37 filter cutoff fully open at 20KHz?

Post by kvitekp » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:08 pm

Yeah, my Sub37 acts the same way -- to fully open the filter I need to add some keyboard tracking, or filter EG.

/Peter
www.midisizer.com - home of MidiALF MIDI/CV step sequencer, MidiREX MIDI Looper and more synth DIY stuff...

DeckardTrinity

Re: Is the Sub 37 filter cutoff fully open at 20KHz?

Post by DeckardTrinity » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:27 am

I noticed that recently as well. I wonder if it is truly opening the filter or there is something else going on behind the scenes? Nevertheless it's a cool "hidden" feature!