S37 - Ladder Filter Collapsing!

Everything Sub.
Control_Voltage

Re: S37 - Ladder Filter Collapsing!

Post by Control_Voltage » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:06 am

To Assymetrical:

You do not need to input any real data into the credit card fields for a warranty repair. Just put "1111" or something in each field. The CC info is for out of warranty repair customers to provide payment information.

Thanks,
Andy Hughes
Moog Tech Support

Toom

Post by Toom » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:05 pm

Control_Voltage wrote:Hello Everyone,

Andy from the Moog Tech Lab here.

Please, if you are experiencing an issue with any of your Moog products, contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist you with sorting out the issue. You can reach me at [email protected] or by phone (828) 251-0090 (tech support extensions are 221, 217, and 204)

If you are located outside of the USA, either contact your store or distributor for assistance with getting a warranty repair, or contact me and I will point you to the appropriate Authorized Service Center.

I have seen a few pots fail on these synthesizers(but it is a very low number relative to the considerable number of Sub 37's that have been produced over the past several months), and the Cutoff Pot is BY FAR the most fun knob to tweak(admit it, you know its true!) so it stands to reason it will bear the heaviest usage. We test our gear rigorously before it leaves the factory, but despite our best effort to be diligent, occasionally these things do happen. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please rest assured that Moog will stand behind our products(and if necessary extend your warranty for any issue that seems pervasive), and we will do our very best to make the repair process as quick and hassle free as possible.

Thanks,
Andy Hughes
Service Department Manager
Moog Music, Inc.
The best customer service I've ever dealt with.

Not only is the Sub 37 a phenomenal synthesizer, it's backed by hard working, honest, passionate, good people.

High fives for life, Moog.

MoogProg

Post by MoogProg » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:07 am

Well, I'm in the club it seems. :( Bummer. Sent for an RMA this morning. At least I can drop-off and pick-up, so I'm not worried. Only a bit perhaps about a possible schedule conflict (not sure yet if I'm even playing), but I could always put off the service a few weeks, I guess.
Control_Voltage wrote: ...and the Cutoff Pot is BY FAR the most fun knob to tweak(admit it, you know its true!) so it stands to reason it will bear the heaviest usage.
Here's the thing, I don't 'tweak' the filter knob unless I'm programming a tone, so mine has seen very little 'wobbling'. Last night I was slowly tuning the resonance for an evolving pad sound and ran across the 'garbling' around 320Hz, unstable but occurring enough to get a recording.

ChiLam

Post by ChiLam » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:15 pm

Ouch! Sorry to hear that Moogprog :( It seems like this problem isn't just limited to the early SN's too. I have to admit that this does scare me a little - keeping my fingers crossed here. Hope you get it sorted quickly!

pedrofloyd

Post by pedrofloyd » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:14 pm

Do someone has information if the problem is connected to a serial number range?
I sent an email to Andy Hughes one week ago but no answer till now.......
Hi,
here are some infos:
notebooks: thoshiba and Dell both dual core
Audio interface: Echo firewire

OS (inc. 32/64 bit), DAWs, moog equipment and audio interfaces used in your setup.

ChiLam

Post by ChiLam » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:23 pm

pedrofloyd wrote:Do someone has information if the problem is connected to a serial number range?
I sent an email to Andy Hughes one week ago but no answer till now.......
I'm guessing not since Tyler has this issue and his SN is a mid two-thousand model.

musicismath

Post by musicismath » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:34 pm

I am still awaiting a reply from Andy via email with regards to the cutoff pot issue.
OS = Win64
DAWs = Sonar X2, Ableton 9.5, Reason 8
Audio Interface = M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8r
Sub37

Control_Voltage

Post by Control_Voltage » Fri May 01, 2015 11:59 am

My apologies guys!!!

I am getting a ton of correspondence of late in regards to recent firmware releases(a bit overwhelmed!), and I will try to reply to your emails as promptly as I can.

Thank you for your patience, and if you need immediate assistance call at 1-(828)-251-0090 ext 221 or ext 217 or ext 204 and any one of my technicians can assist you with setting up the RMA.

Also, you can register your synth on our website and request an RMA after you activate your warranty online here:

http://www.moogmusic.com/content/register-product

Thanks,
Andy Hughes
Service Department Manager
Moog Music, Inc.

MoogProg

Post by MoogProg » Fri May 01, 2015 2:42 pm

Control_Voltage wrote:My apologies guys!!!

I am getting a ton of correspondence of late in regards to recent firmware releases(a bit overwhelmed!)...
I say, "Relax!" and congratulate yourselves on getting the Firmware out the door and 'into the wild'. Supposed to be a great weather weekend up here, and maybe this Friday is a good day to just ... 8)

Edit: Monday morning 10:30 a.m. I brought the Sub37 to the factory. Nick talked to me, described the repair and said he could do it right now, take about 20-mins. So, I walked my dogs around downtown Asheville on a beautiful Spring morning. Came back to a fixed Moog, and it's home now working perfectly. Thanks so much!

newgreyarea

Post by newgreyarea » Mon May 11, 2015 3:29 am

Hmmmmm. . . . crap. Mine seems to have this too!! DAMMIT!!

Anyone shipped one of these from LA? I'm terrified at how much it's gonna cost. Can it be done locally or does it have to go all the way back to the East Coast? That's gonna suck if it has to go back. . .. . . I don't have the box either. Where do we get boxes? I've never gone box shopping!

pedrofloyd

Post by pedrofloyd » Mon May 11, 2015 7:57 am

Hi newgreyarea,
which is your serial number?
Hi,
here are some infos:
notebooks: thoshiba and Dell both dual core
Audio interface: Echo firewire

OS (inc. 32/64 bit), DAWs, moog equipment and audio interfaces used in your setup.

GregVDS

Post by GregVDS » Mon May 11, 2015 9:39 am

Please, do contribute to the SN Sub37 thread, so we can collect the maximum of info about it.

GReg

newgreyarea

Post by newgreyarea » Mon May 11, 2015 7:03 pm

My serial is SBT 00119
Made 07/14

newgreyarea

Post by newgreyarea » Thu May 14, 2015 6:34 pm

Anyone dealt with this in LA?

Asymetrical

Post by Asymetrical » Thu May 14, 2015 7:02 pm

I'm outside of Sacramento and I just sent mine back to Asheville. I guess its a matter of switching out the board so It really something I think the factory would be best at. If your patient contact Andy in the tech department an email from him should help with shipping costs, I did but it did take more time. His email is posted on this thread I believe.

Anyway I'm tracking my Sub37 it should make it to the factory tomorrow and be back on its way to me by Monday. They'll update the firmware and all that, I'm stoked.