Cubase Midi Device Panel for Sub 37, NRPN entry

Everything Sub.
Tinaxe106

Cubase Midi Device Panel for Sub 37, NRPN entry

Post by Tinaxe106 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:46 pm

Hi all.

As I wait and wait for the Sub 37 Editor/Patch Librarian (any ETA by the way?) I have started creating a Cubase Device Panel to control the Sub 37 from within Cubase as if it was a VST.

I would really appreciate any knowledgeable person's help on how to enter NRPNs.

The manual advises that "Since the Sub 37 has over 150 parameters saved with each sound, it is not possible to assign a standard MIDI CC to every parameter. For complete MIDI output from every panel knob and button, you will need to set the KNB NRPN/CC parameter to NRPN mode."

I have done this and also set the CC FORMAT to 14-BIT (although maybe this is not necessary as this refers to midi out from the Sub 37 rather than midi in...).

For a regular midi cc entry in the Cubase Midi Device Panel you would just enter the cc number, the range of the parameter being controlled and the default value e.g.
FILTER EG VEL AMT 86 [midi cc parameter number] 0 [lowest value of range] 127 [highest value of range] 64 [default value].

However, for NRPNs an example entry in the Sub 37 manual is:
LFO 1 RATE [parameter name] 16384 [value range] 423 [NRPN number] 3 [NRPN MSB (CC 99)] 29 [NRPN LSB(CC 98)]

Given that whether I enter a RPN midi cc parameter or NRPN midi cc parameter there are the still the same 4 fields (parameter number, minimum value, maximum value and default value), how on earth do I enter all of the extra information for the NRPN parameters (or do I just ignore some?) and where?

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP.