Sub 37 Delayed vibrato

Everything Sub.
jmullins73

Sub 37 Delayed vibrato

Post by jmullins73 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:41 am

I need some help from all the experts out there. I'm relatively new to synthesizers, and I'm trying to create a delayed vibrato on the Sub 37. I know it's possible to do, because I accidentally did it once when I was programming on the fly in band practice. But I can't recreate it. I know that I can do this manually with the mod wheel, but I need my other hand free to play a second keyboard. Anyone have any advice on how to do this automatically? Is there a way to apply one of the EG's settings to the LFO?

Thanks,
Joel

_DemonDan_

Re: Sub 37 Delayed vibrato

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:58 am

jmullins73 wrote:I need some help from all the experts out there. I'm relatively new to synthesizers, and I'm trying to create a delayed vibrato on the Sub 37. Is there a way to apply one of the EG's settings to the LFO?
Hi Joel,
For a relative newbie, you're totally thinking in the right direction.

Not to fan the flames of desire even more for the OS 1.1 release but...

In the CONTROLLERS section (for MOD 1 and MOD 2) there will be:

CTRL4 AMT

This parameter sets the modulation depth caused when external BREATH control (CC#2), or an internal source from the below list is sent to the Sub 37. The values range from -100% to +100%.

CTRL4 SRC

This parameter allows you to choose the source of the fourth modulation depth controller. It had been previously fixed to CC#2 BREATH, but can now also be assigned to FLT EG (Filter EG), AMP EG, LFO 1, or LFO 2. If you choose FLT EG as the source, you can set the EG’s DELAY parameter to get a delayed LFO onset, for example.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

Rufus the Dog

Post by Rufus the Dog » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:30 pm

Dan

I played with this a bit as I have the latest beta version but, unless I am mistaken, using the Flt EG with delay for adding delayed vibrato means the Flt EG is less use when driving the filter as the delay will apply here too.

R.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:43 pm

Rufus the Dog wrote:...using the FLT EG with DELAY for adding delayed vibrato means the FLT EG is less useful when driving the filter as the DELAY will apply here too.
This is true. What you'd really want is yet another envelope dedicated to just being a MOD DEPTH SOURCE.

Like the Andrea True Connection said: "More, More, More..."

Rufus the Dog

Post by Rufus the Dog » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:51 pm

I know it depends very much on playing style but I have been using aftertouch to add 'delayed' vibrato leaves the FltEG to do its 'normal' job

R.

DeckardTrinity

Post by DeckardTrinity » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:58 pm

Hmm... 1-shot LFO for the wish list? :lol:

I've been making do with assigning aftertouch to control vibrato - works fairly well, although AT sensitivity needs some finessing as well in the firmware (IMO).

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:13 pm

DeckardTrinity wrote:Hmm... 1-shot LFO for the wish list? I've been making do with assigning aftertouch to control vibrato - works fairly well, although AT sensitivity needs some finessing as well in the firmware.
Hi DeckardTrinity,
The 1-Shot LFO request has been duly noted by the engineers.

As mentioned by Amos in an earlier post, Aftertouch, Mod Wheel, Velocity, etc., will someday be even more useful when they can also be used as an additive depth control as opposed to currently only being a multiplicitive depth control. But that's for a future update.