Sub37 MIDI issues

Everything Sub.
Buttonjaw

Sub37 MIDI issues

Post by Buttonjaw » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:07 pm

Sorry if this posts twice but my first attempt did not propagate.

I'm having two seperate MIDI issues:

#1) When my Sub37 is connected to my Kurzweil MicroPiano module it will occasionally drop the connection which can only be fixed if I reboot the Kurzweil module. It happens every 30 minutes or so.

#2) also when connected to my Kurzweil module there is a faint motorized clicking noise that is heard through the output of Kurzweil module when I twist any nob on the Sub37 (except the headphone volume knob).

Any help in troubleshooting is appreciated.

Scott

kvitekp

Re: Sub37 MIDI issues

Post by kvitekp » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:07 am

Hooked my Sub37 (1.0.13) to Kurzweil Micropiano, played it a bit, left it switched on for the night, played it again, tried all knobs -- everything works as expected, don't see the nasty thing you describe. I'd try changing MIDI cable and swapping power outlets.

/Peter
www.midisizer.com - home of MidiALF MIDI/CV step sequencer, MidiREX MIDI Looper and more synth DIY stuff...

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:24 am

Buttonjaw wrote:Sorry if this posts twice but my first attempt did not propagate.

#2) also when connected to my Kurzweil module there is a faint motorized clicking noise that is heard through the output of Kurzweil module when I twist any nob on the Sub37 (except the headphone volume knob).
dunno about #1, but #2 sounds like some species of "ground loop" issue. These are notorious in modern studios because everybody is using computers and devices with USB, and there become many paths to electrical ground, which can propagate weird noises throughout your system.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/articles/ ... d-loop-hum

Buttonjaw

Post by Buttonjaw » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:19 pm

**UPDATE** looks like the issues were caused by a faulty MIDI cable. Thanks for the suggestion.

Scott