BeatBuddy Drums with Sub 37 - Video

Everything Sub.
_DemonDan_

BeatBuddy Drums with Sub 37 - Video

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:37 pm

Hi Gang,

I had a chance to play with a BeatBuddy prototype and decided to see how well it worked MIDI sync'd to a Sub 37.

These two instruments are ridiculously fun to jam with when connected:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwkZKiHNwD0

(MIDI Sync Demo starts at 3:45)
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

ChiLam

Re: BeatBuddy Drums with Sub 37 - Video

Post by ChiLam » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:24 pm

Hi Dan,

My respect for you runs deep. You are a fountain of knowledge and an indespensible source of advice regarding all things synth, Moog and probably all things moosic too. I am very grateful for the help and support you have provided me with and really appreciate you being around on this forum. The very last thing i'd want to do is insult you in any way but I have to be honest with you - this demonstration seemed to be hampered by one particular aspect - namely that the Midisync part didn't seem to be quite in sync. Maybe it was the Aciiieed preset or some kind of recording delay happening i'm not sure but it seemed quite off timing wise, jarring almost. :?

Maybe the Beatbuddy wasn't done justice here and could do with another shot? Of course my ears might just need a good clean and i'm way off.

Kind Regards

Chi

EDIT: the arp part seemed to sync ok actually - it was more the Aciieed sequence - maybe it was the more rock style drums that didn't fit well.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:38 pm

ChiLam wrote:Hi Dan, I have to be honest with you - this demonstration seemed to be hampered by one particular aspect - namely that the MIDI Sync part didn't seem to be quite in sync. Maybe it was the AHSEEED preset or some kind of recording delay happening, I'm not sure but it seemed quite off timing wise, jarring almost.
Hi Chi,
I hit the key late on the AHSEEED MOOGER example. Technically the sequence is playing exactly where I told it to start, which is 1/16th note after the downbeat. (D'oh!)

I didn't really notice until we were editing. We try to shoot everything in one take with no scripts as it just feels much more real than someone reading words and then having lots of multiple chopped takes cobbled together.

After a fill you'll see that it's back on track. As making videos is not one of my official jobs here, it's difficult to get the camera folks, plus all of their and my equipment rescheduled and re-set up to do reshoots and re-editing. I just have to live with it.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

ChiLam

Post by ChiLam » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:10 pm

Aha, that makes sense! So long as the Beatbuddy folks aren't mad :lol:

I like that you keep it live though - it does feel more real and there is always the chance for some mishap magic to happen. :wink: