Sub 37 Osc Variance

Everything Sub.
bernard

Re: Sub 37 Osc Variance

Post by bernard » Mon May 11, 2015 7:01 am

I think setting a minimum variance other than zero makes no sense - or better: can be achieved already.
What does it mean?
Settings between 0 and 10c (max) means that the range for the random pitch shift is between 0 and +10, so some notes get no pitch correction.
Supposed settings for variance between e.g. 5c (min) and 15c (max) should be equal to a constant pitch shift of 5c, combined with a pitch shift of -10c for the second oscillator (the 2nd one gets always the same amount of the pitch correction, but negative) AND setting the variance between 0 and 10 at the same time.

I also would say that a parameter display and improving the alphanumerical input (for giving names more smoothly) are far more important features and candidates for a next update.

cheers,
Bernard

ImNotDedYet

Post by ImNotDedYet » Mon May 11, 2015 10:07 am

bernard wrote:I think setting a minimum variance other than zero makes no sense - or better: can be achieved already.
What does it mean?
Settings between 0 and 10c (max) means that the range for the random pitch shift is between 0 and +10, so some notes get no pitch correction.
Supposed settings for variance between e.g. 5c (min) and 15c (max) should be equal to a constant pitch shift of 5c, combined with a pitch shift of -10c for the second oscillator (the 2nd one gets always the same amount of the pitch correction, but negative) AND setting the variance between 0 and 10 at the same time.

I also would say that a parameter display and improving the alphanumerical input (for giving names more smoothly) are far more important features and candidates for a next update.

cheers,
Bernard
I don't really see that as must-have either. Might be interesting, but I think the majority of users would use it rarely, if ever.

Mike37

Post by Mike37 » Mon May 11, 2015 12:00 pm

Yeah, I agree parameter display is more important...forgot about that one. :)

B3 guy

Post by B3 guy » Mon May 11, 2015 12:34 pm

There are things I believe more important as well (velocity curves). My comment was not meant to address prioritization of our collective wish lists.

If I remember correctly there was a different thread a while back that did attempt to ascertain the popularity of features on the wish list.