Everything Sub.
Draks

Waahaaay!! My Sub 37 arrived

Post by Draks » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:07 am

Waaoowy!!!!

At Last !!

Ordered Dec 2014!!

Really excited, build quality like a Stately Home

Sounds Enormous and subtle , uploaded 1.07 Meah? , looking forward to 1.1 and sequencer enhancements.

Display a little small for 53 year old eyes.

Nice action from the keys, End panel wood is a little raw , screw holes have burrs and the grain is a little coarse, may finish these off properly myself.

Can't wait to finish work tonight and slip it into my rig.

MacAquinas

Re: Waahaaay!! My Sub 37 arrived

Post by MacAquinas » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:21 pm

I am blown away every single time I play it, I have had such a great time making my own presets. It really is a Masterpiece! ( display excepted haha) I can't wait for the editor so I can see how some of those factory presets were made like 8-10 Just Add Kick Drums, coolest preset I have ever heard. I wouldn't be surprised if Amos made that one.
Black Minimoog Voyager XL, Sub37, Slim Phatty, Mother-32, MF-104M SD, MF-105M, MP-201, CP-251, Theremini, Animoog ;-) . Roland Fantom G8 & Integra-7, Korg MS-20

Draks

Post by Draks » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:54 am

I get newbie block until I familiarise myself thoroughly with the machine. This will start all over when the editor comes out. This means I just sit there looking not knowing where to go.

I plan to route a CV from a 4 CV enabled Urzweg Pro Mk II.

Sorry to say that there is only 1 CV input on the Sub37. I would have liked an option of a mod to put more CV inputs on.

Sequencers are increasingly having multiple CV outputs as standard. Could a mod be a 3rd party development?

I just read a little about shift registers and the implementation of these may keep component counts down in a retrofit

GregVDS

Post by GregVDS » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:18 am

What do you mean only one CV input? There is a Filter CV in, Volume CV in, Pitch CV in and Gate in. In the forecoming v1.1 firmware, these four CV inputs will be patchable to a much more extended destination from the Global Menu. That's already 4 CV inputs, currently dedicated only to their labeled destination, and in a very near future, to whatever you want.

Regards,

Greg

MacAquinas

Post by MacAquinas » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:59 pm

I believe that the Filter CV is pure analog hard wired and not digitally controlled so only the Pitch, Volume and Gate can be re-assigned through firmware.
Black Minimoog Voyager XL, Sub37, Slim Phatty, Mother-32, MF-104M SD, MF-105M, MP-201, CP-251, Theremini, Animoog ;-) . Roland Fantom G8 & Integra-7, Korg MS-20