sub37 output volume knob acting up

Everything Sub.
tasmansea

sub37 output volume knob acting up

Post by tasmansea » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:15 am

my spanking new sub37s output volume knob seems ill. It doesn't have any effect at all.
HOWEVER if I crank down the volume all the way to left, switch off the unit and switch it back on after a bit - it's dead silent. No output at all. I have to switch it off again, raise the volume and then switch it on. Output volume will now be what I ever I set it to when switching it on, but the knob doesn't have any effect from here on..

I have to repeat the exercise above if I want to change the volume - which is a bit of a buzz kill.
I fear I know the answer, but would there anything I could be doing wrong?
many thanks!

GregVDS

Re: sub37 output volume knob acting up

Post by GregVDS » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:02 am

When you go in the Global menu, last page, what does your Sub 37 gives you as a firmware number? If it's spanking new, it should be 1.0.7. If not, it could be a first idea to update your firmware to that current version. In the next weeks, a new firmware should be available too.

If this does not restore the output volume pot functionality, I would advice you to contact Moog tec support and check with them.

Regards,

Greg

mmarsh100

Post by mmarsh100 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:57 pm

Sounds like a hardware problem to me, but from page 31 of the manual:
The PRESET VOLUME parameter is located in
the PRESET EDIT menu. Learn more about this on page 40. If it is set to OFF the
volume remains at whatever value the knob is left at regardless of which preset
is selected.
NOTE: The PRESET VOLUME parameter is independent of the MASTER VOLUME knob.
Does your 37's volume knob work correctly on an INIT patch?

tasmansea

Post by tasmansea » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:09 pm

cheers guys,
I believe I'm running 1.07 - it was working fine just a couple of days ago though...
I'm not in front of it right now, but this behaviour is consistent - regardless which patch I chose. Also I can't recall to change the preset volume settings at all but will try that tonight.. sad face

paramnesia

Post by paramnesia » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:20 pm

does the headphone out still work? what happens when you turn the sub37 on with the main volume out all the way up?

sub37 out is mono but even the sonic state videos use one of these to split http://www.zzounds.com/item--HOSYPR102? ... 7AodZjsA3g
Sub37TE V1.2 / 4 X CP-251, 3 x MF-104M, MF-102, MF-107, MF-108M, 4 x Mother32, MP-201
My Eurorack https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/2268669
My Pedal Board https://www.modulargrid.net/p/racks/view/461843

tasmansea

Post by tasmansea » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:16 am

I have gotten in touch with support. resetting my machine to factory settings didn't help and I'm running the latest OS. the headphone works accordingly to what the main volume knob does (i.e. silent when main volume silent). I guess this might be faulty hardware. Hoping that getting it fixed won't take long as I'm JUST past the 30days to return the unit..
thanks everyone for your help

fwilleke

Post by fwilleke » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:56 am

Volume knob not working after powering on the synth and loading a preset? I have reported that bug in my firmware bugs thread some weeks ago.
Current solution: switch to Panel mode and then back to Preset mode. Then the knob works.
___
Sub 37 Cookbook
My Website
Gear List
Me on Instagram

15" late 2013 MacBook Pro
Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.3

tasmansea

Post by tasmansea » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:35 am

ah yes - sigh - thanks @jbottrop!
support got back to me too. they confirmed your finding but didn't mention the work around... so cheers for that buddy.
I find it just weird that switching it off and on again multiple times had the bug survive. What ever - here's to a new OS !
thanks everyone